Saturday, August 6, 2011

heat and more heat



I've enjoyed playing pranks on our friends out here. Nothing too mean, but plenty to greatly amuse me. This was a garbage can filled with water, so when the door was opened it flooded their entry way.


We have made good use of the local libraries and I have enjoyed not having to read the same stories every single night.

Vivint had Nike make custom shoes for their salesman. Ryan does plenty of walking for this company, so it's only fair.

The heat here....is RI-DIC-U-LOUS!! Truly, it's miserable. The humidity alone is annoying, now throw in 115 AND humidity....insane. Plus, the guys are walking outside for 7-12 hours a day! One of our friends actually got heat stroke and vomited multiple times. There have been 16 heat related deaths this summer, I'm surprised there hasn't been more.


We have enjoyed having a pool for our daily use. For a little girl who has never had swim lessons, Emma has really come a long way. I have tried to teach her, but of course, she learns best from anyone BUT me. I did the same thing to my mom, so I guess it's only fair.

Ryan can hardly catch his breath before the girls are begging him for a horsey ride. They sure do adore him, and I am already dreading being without him for the rest of the summer.


Misty and I drove the kids an hour out of the city to a place called kiddie land. Sooo bummed we don't have this in Utah. The rides were as good as the kid rides at Lagoon, except each ride was only .25-.50 cents!! Steal of a deal




We bought a kid pass to blockbuster and have loved renting movies on a daily basis. It's been a perfect good behavior incentive.

I can't believe what a beautiful little girl Emma has become. I don't know when it happened, but her looks really have matured and changed so much. She is still just as sweet and obedient can be, but definitely comes with her own thoughts and opinions
Emma had a great daddy daughter date to an arcade and to QT for drinks afterwards. Emma absolutely adores her dad.



I haven't really bought into the hype with the whole ipad craze...however...it has some incredible learning games for kids, and by summer's end I might be an ipad groupie.

It's a daily struggle, do we drive or walk to the pool? Both are miserably hot and it's a lose/lose. We usually opt for walking, and I enjoy watching Emma be such a doting, helpful big sister.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Ah, the picture of the girls from the back walking hand in hand is so cute. How is Emma's hair blonder? I love her pose when her head rests on her shoulder like on the airplane ride. I could not survive that temperature! It's been sooo awesome (more than usual) this summer. We've hardly had any 90 plus days, let alone into the 100's. And this mind you, is w/o hardly any humidity. I really admire those men!

Carrie said...

I would definitely die in that heat being pregnant! Those poor guys! I couldn't leave the ac. So fun you found a lake. and that kiddie place. love the pranks! I'm getting so excited you're almost home(; sorry Ryan!

Jessica said...

Yay, you caught up. :) Love all the pics and the update. You are so funny about the pranks. And i'm with my mom- how is emma's hair blonder? Oh that heat. That is miserable.

Kylee said...

Emma has blonde hair!!! Did you dye it?? It's very pretty. She DOES look very old and mature. Your girls are growing so fast, it's crazy! I can't believe it's that hot there... that sucks. I can't stand humidity, I don't know how you are doing it. I loved a lot of these pictures you posted, but now I can't remember which ones specifically I wanted to comment on. Oh yeah! The pranks! Please tell about more that you've done, so I can get some ideas. :)

Holls said...

Gosh, your girls are so adorable! You've had such an activity packed summer, makes me feel like a bad mom! I'm so excited you'll be back soon, we've missed you!