Saturday, August 27, 2011

Welcome Home!

We have had so much fun adjusting to life back in the glorious state of Utah! How could we ever live anywhere else? The weather, outdoor activities, and beauty are unbeatable. My mom and the girls and I took the Razor out for an adventure up Black Smith Canyon and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Tuesday we went to Bear Lake with my mom and MY Aunt Lee, and the girl's Aunt Kylee and Uncle Brody. We loved seeing them again and just spending time together on such a beautiful lake.
Lydia tries with all her might to copy everything Emma does. Good thing Emma is such a good kid or else this could be bad news for me.

Wednesday we met Sara and the boys at the Logan pool again for another great day in the sun. Ummmm, can you tell my girls are comfortable in front of the camera?

Thursday was a grrrreat day! Well, it started off not so great when Emma got stung by a few wasps. Then she called Ryan and begged him to come home. Little did she know we were on our way to the airport to get him as she made that call. Our friends the Ferrins gave us a buddy pass and Ryan was able to zip home instead of possibly extending for a few more weeks. So at the airport I told Emma we were going to pick up Annie and asked her to get out of the car and throw something away for me. She was so surprised when she saw Ryan and both the girls are thrilled to have him home, as is he.


The next day Ryan and Emma had a good three hour adventure. They are such good friends and it warms my heart to see how alike they are and how very different their relationship is compared to mine and Emma's. The went exploring up in the mountains and Lydia and I enjoyed having time just the two of us while they were gone.

Lydia is my little helper. She is her mother's daughter and loves to clean, snuggle, and eat dessert.

I am so disappointed with myself for not capturing photos of the great family party my parents had with a large group of extended family. So I am posting this photo to represent the Sabbath Day, I must add that I DID NOT edit this photo, this is how the sunset looked.

Also fitting for this day of rest is this precious little girl who reminds us every day just how blessed we are.


7 comments:

Kylee said...

I LOVE that picture of Lydia at the pool... she just looks like a little doll!! And the one at bear lake makes me laugh every time. That's so cute you had Ryan surprise Emma, I didn't realize you had done that. And that sunset picture is GORGEOUS!! I wish I had seen it that night. Miss you all LOTS!!!

Lee said...

Oh man, all the picts are divine. You really should enter a photo contest somewhere or put your girls into modeling since they're so camera happy :) Emma's swollen eye makes me sad. I love your Bear Lake collage. Good times.

amity said...

so glad you all made it home safe!! welcome back to utah.

Holls said...

Since when did Lydia become such a blondie? She is such a cutie! We really do need to plot to have Jack and her date when they're older. This is so sad that we haven't gotten together yet, and it's all the Stowers fault. I promise it will be soon!!!

Annie said...

You are not living a life of quiet desperation are you??? LOL. Love how you make simple pleasures into such grand events.

Stanford Family said...

Lydia is getting so big!! She is a doll! Does Emma start kindergarten this year? Kalli starts tomorrow...

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Your girls are so cute and they are getting so big!