Monday, August 22, 2011

Bucket List

Well, we finally left Oklahoma. Our family had a great experience living her for three months, and I know we will always look back on these memories fondly. As far as Oklahoma the State is concerned....I'm not a fan. Too blazing hot, too many smokers, and not enough outdoor recreation. So farewell Oklahoma...I have no intention of seeing you again.
Ryan moved from Tulsa to Oklahoma City with the rest of the guys on his team. All the wives headed home so the guys could wrap up the last of the season. My mom was kind enough to fly out and drive the 18 hours back with the girls and I. We turned it into a three day adventure and stayed at hotels along the way. The girls LOVED having Annie back in their lives and all the fun, prizes, and sugar that always accompanies her.
The drive home was just as flat as flat can be. This view below is what it looked like in all directions as far as we can see. Kind of pretty, in it's own way.
We stopped at Taggart's, our favorite restaurant up in Morgan Canyon, on our way home. It was sooo very delicious and I was beside myself over how pretty these mountain views are.

The girls and I have spent all of our nights up at my parents house. We have loved taking their Razor out for adventures and just having so much time to spend with family.
Emma and Jaken.....reunited after a long summer apart. These two little cousins have a romance going on, they will be mortified in years to come, but for now, cousins or not, they have their hearts set on being married some day.
Alas! My long awaited Josh Groban concert finally came. This has been on my bucket list and it did not disappoint. I went with ten of my family members and had the best time.
The half of us that live in Logan rode the front runner to Salt Lake City to spare ourselves the traffic hassle. We enjoyed playing cards and visiting on the way down. Once we got to Gateway we all had dinner at Thaifoon...my absolute favorite!

Josh didn't razzle dazzle like some performers have to do. He simply just belted out his songs and that was all the entertainment I could ask for.
Sunday was my parent's forty first anniversary. They are such an example to me of constantly trying to grow, and learn, and develop new talents. I don't know any other people who are so diligent about educating themselves with every resource available. Talks on tape, education week, fox news, the Ensign, Institute classes, community college classes, seminars, educational blogs, you name it, they've read it or attended. I benefit so much from who they are and I am so thankful for their influence in my life.

4 comments:

Lee said...

Welcome home! I'm so glad you're back. I've loved seeing and spending time with you, and can't wait to do lots more of it!

Lee said...

Yay for being back home! I can't wait to see you. I'm glad your mom could come help you drive home and that you made it a fun 3 days. I am still very jealous of Josh!

Jessica said...

oops... that last one was me! :)

Kylee said...

I'm so glad I could see you and the girls a few times before we left! And Bundy too! I miss you guys already and hope that you will come visit soon! :)