Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Eve

 We have loved this Christmas Season.  The first of the month wasn't so festive, but we've really made up for lost time.  It has been such a blessing to spend the season with my parents and all of my mom's efforts to make the Christmas Season special.  I ADORE this photo of Emma and my dad.  She and my dad have such a special little bond and I know I will treasure this photo forever.

 We had a great party with our family that lives in Logan.  It included a great marriage trivia, yummy food, and some games in the gym.  Also at this party was an ugly lamp contest.  Mine and Bundy's was decorated with ugly pictures of our family, we won :)

Emma continues to be the sweetest, polite, and obedient girl there ever was. This was her gift to us this year and it just warms my heart every time I look at it.

I was all prepared for Christmas by the 23rd.  Everything bought, wrapped, and placed under the tree.  What a wonderful feeling.  We were able to have a night out and meet up with our dear friends Jed and Carrie to celebrate Carrie's birthday. We had a great time actually enjoying a conversation without interruptions from kids.

Christmas Eve is my most favorite Holiday of the whole year.  We had a quiet evening at home with just our girls and my parents, it was a refreshing change. Watching the girls play so well and be such darling sisters the whole night was the best gift I could have.


My mom and I made home made rolls in the morning and did a pop in visit to my Aunt Carol.  Then we had our big turkey dinner, a spiritual program, and the girls sang a great duet.

A family tradition is that we play the thimble game while waiting for the elf to knock.  I loved that Bundy finally saw the beauty in the thimble game, and it's watching the faces of your little girls as they throw water on someone or have water thrown on them, classic.

The elf knocked to let us know Santa was on his way and the girls better be asleep.  They DASHED into bed and slept together for the first time.  They were both asleep (faking it) before we could even close the door.  Another highlight of my Christmas.

We ended the night with matching pajamas for my mom and I.  Then a few rounds of rook and some delicious pie.  I LOVED setting out their gifts to look just right for when the girls came down in the morning.  This Christmas Eve was everything I hoped it would be.

4 comments:

Kylee said...

I LOVE those silhouette pictures in front of the christmas tree. Darling! And I really like the tradition of the thimble game before the elf knocks. I need to write these things down!

Lee said...

Oh, the good ole days with little excited kids. Enjoy every year, because it's just not the same when they're sleepy teenagers who aren't easy to impress. . . Glad everything was to your liking and that you were so thrilled with everything.

Jessica said...

Cute cute picture of Trace and Emma! And also of the girls by the tree. Such a cute idea! I love that the girls slept together and that they were so excited about it. I'm glad you guys had such a fun christmas!

Brittney Wimmer said...

Sounds fabulous! Christmas is the best! I LOVE your ugly lamp! That big pic of Ryan on the front is awesome! The elf came around and knocked at our house too this year ;) Big hit! Glad you guys had a great holiday!