Monday, December 12, 2011

SOLD!



While we were in Oregon we sold our house.  Not officially, but we have a firm offer on it and will be closing the 15th of December!!!  This has been the home of so many happy memories and I think this will be the all time favorite chapter in my life....so far at least :)  Thanks to facebook I have had a chance to get to know the new buyers and I am just tickled about the darling little family that this home will go to.


Ryan and I started a carb free diet.  I know right?  It's pretty intense, but it's the only way we can lose weight.  So we're sticking with it until the 15th  when we close on our house, then we'll go out for sushi afterwards to celebrate.

My mom came and took Lydia to have a sleep over.  All three of us were so excited.  I just adore Lydia, but I love having alone time with Emma.

  Being on this carb free diet really makes you get creative with what you eat.  Our latest favorite is "popcorn cauliflower."  It's rather delicious and taste a lot like tater tots.

Saturday I took the girls to a "cookies and milk" party at the tree house museum.  Ummmmmm, kind of crazy, I wouldn't recommend.  Unless you love your kids and want to give them a great childhood, then yes, definitely go.

Sunday was our last day at church.  The girls wore their Christmas dresses and climbed all over the Litchfields.  I will terribly miss having a family who is so into our kids and welcomes their business and antics during sacrament. 

St. Nicholas Eve the elf left the girls their presents inside their shoes.  It's a huge European tradition, and it was always one of my favorites as a kid.  I just love starting traditions for my own offspring. 

My mom came and stayed with us so we could have a date night.  We hit up T-Roadhouse and did some Christmas shopping.  Fun little night out.

Wednesday my mom and I had a whole day to ourselves.  I had looked forward to it ALL week long.  We went to lunch at Zuppas and then had a long list of stores to go to.  I love having my mom to myself and being able to help her out with projects and things she needs to accomplish.  We crossed off many names on her shopping list and got a few darling Christmas decorations too.

We had a great family fun night with one of our besties, the Malmbergs.  We bundled up and headed to Ogden Cities Christmas village which is rather impressive.  The kids loved seeing Santa and all the little decorative houses along the way.



In the midst of all this moving, our kids haven't had much Christmas ambiance in their lives.  So we put on Charlie Brown to help them bring in the Christmas Spirit while we busied ourselves stripping our house down to bare walls.

The girls think this whole moving business is a blast!  I on the other hand am rather bored of it.

This is my all time favorite photo.  To go along with it is the ultimate inspiring video of Christ and his purpose here.  We've probably seen this 100 times in the last year, no exaggeration.  It still gives me goose bumps every time I watch it. Click here if you want to view it for yourself.

Monday we were thankful for the friends who came out to help us move.  We want to give a special thanks to Cody, Jed, Matt and our neighbor Mike for helping Ryan move on such a cold night. I also want to thank my parents, Carrie, Holly, and the Litchfields for taking my girls so we can get things done.  Ryan and I really struggle to ever ask for help from others, but when we do we are always over come with gratitude.  It's so great to have an opportunity to find out who your friends are and we are so thankful for the friends and family in our life who have always been there for us. We've also had a lot of friends offer to help, and although it hasn't always worked out, we still appreciate the gesture.  We just feel so blessed to have the love that we do in our lives.

3 comments:

Valerie: said...

wait where are you moving to now??

Jessica said...

So happy that you sold your house! Your girls are so freaking cute. I love their matching outfits in the "milk and cookies" picture, and their christmas dresses. Darling! I love the St. Nick tradition. Sadly, I TOTALLY forgot about it this year, so I'll have to start up that tradition next year. Good luck with the rest of your moving, if you haven't finished already. Let me know if you ever need any help with anything! And, sorry I forgot to comment on your last blog... I'm glad you guys had such a fun Thanksgiving. Emma totally does look like those cousins of hers! I love all the pictures at Cannon Beach. I need to take Brad there. And that is awesome that Kiersten's song was on the radio and that you were there to hear it with them. Ok, sorry for the long comment.

Carrie said...

I am so sad for you to leave your renovated home that has so much character! You made it so beautiful. Thanks for being apart of some traditions this year even though you've been so busy with the move. I need details to your diet for me to try, you look great!! I hope you guys have a GREAT Christmas!!