Saturday, December 24, 2011

Dress Up Queen

 I have LOVED volunteering in Emma's class on most Tuesdays.  It's so fun to see her amongst peers.  I have become really fond of some of the boys and will miss watching them show favor to Emma. 

A special thanks to Pinterest for giving us this snowman idea.  We made these treats for Emma to hand out to her classmates on her last day at Bates Elementary.

This quality is shameful, but it's all I have.  Here we are signing the papers and closing on our house.  We took the last load to the storage unit that night and then went out to Zuppas with the Litchfields and promised that we won't let an hour distance keep us from being neighbors.

Emma's last day of school.  We brought her teacher her favorite drink and Emma had fun giving treats and hugs to all of her friends.  I am so proud of her for how easy she has made this transition in her life.  It's not easy saying good-bye or being new, especially for a 5 year old.  However, I can't think of another child who is so well adjusted and can handle all this change in stride.


We had our Skeen family Christmas party down town Salt Lake this year.  My parents got us hotel rooms at the Temple Square Marriott and took us out to Olive Garden.  We had a photo scavenger hunt at Temple Square (hence the random photos) and then all the cousins went swimming while we added up the game points and collected our prizes.  A very fun night with the family.

Sunday the girls were thrilled to open up their sister angels that Paul and DeNae sent for them.  I just love my aunt and uncle and am so thankful that they have such a warm place in the hearts of my husband and children as well.

 Lydia is a dress up QUEEN!!!  She is changing her clothes all the live long day!  It's exhausting, it truly is.  However, look at that face.  Isn't this what childhood is about?

3 comments:

Kylee said...

Wow, Lydia's hair has gotten LONG!! Wasn't it shorter when I saw her just 3 days ago?? Ha joke. But she does look cute with that long of hair, it would have been funny if you photoshopped that picture to make it look like her real hair. I too am impressed with Emma for how well she is taking the transition. She's just a great girl.

Lee said...

Only 12 more days of your daily post commitment. . . how happy are you, but how sad are we all??? Very, I can tell you. Way to stick to it though, because I know it wasn't easy. Love the long locks of Lydia and that she loves dressing up. It's sad to leave a home/neighborhood you love, but I'm glad you guys are closer, even if it's not permanent.

Jessica said...

I love that you volunteer in Emma's class. That is so fun. Lydia looks so cute in that last picture. Yay for your house, and yay for Emma taking the transition so well. I love being closer to you guys.