Wednesday, February 24, 2010

One year older...












































Dear Emma,
I could make a LONG list of what I love most about you. But instead I want to tell you about one of your qualities that makes you truly unique. You have the softest, most tender heart of anyone I have ever met. I used to prompt you to be Christlike and now you take your own initiative. Regardless of where we are you always seek out people who are in wheel chairs, are missing an arm, or have scars on their face or some other form of a set back. You make a point to go up to them and tell them "I sink (think) you're doing great, and I sink you're beautiful." Then you give them a hug on their arm and either stay to visit or return back to me. It is one of the most rewarding moments I'll have as a mother to see these total strangers, who most people don't even make eye contact with, turn to me with tears in their eyes and a smile that lights up their face. I am so thankful to have a daughter who teaches me every day by example of how to put my inhibitions and insecurities aside and reach out to those who need to be remembered. You are a rare little girl and words don't do any justice to how thankful I am to have you as my daughter. This birthday will be quite the party, I know you are only four, but you have a life worth celebrating, and celebrating it well!!! Happy birthday my little "treasure" box.