Sunday, February 7, 2010

One last Hoo-rah!

WARNING: Obscene amount of photos in this post. My mom's computer does not have the collage option. Also, the words WILL NOT line up with the photos. I am about to lose it! So instead I have decided to take a deep breath and move on, realizing that most people don't even read the words anyway. So I hope it makes sense :)


So for those of you who don't know, I am down in AZ for my annual fun in the sun getaway. However, it is my last because my parents are selling this house as well as Liberty :( So I am here to make the most of every day. My dad rerouted his flight schedule to join me in SLC and fly with me to PHX. It was soooo nice to have him. Security is a hassle as is and then to try to squeeze through with two kids and a large stroller is a bit of an ordeal. It was so nice to have some extra hands and eyes helping with the girls.












































Emma has come to AZ every year starting when she was only a week old. We are usually here over her birthday and do some form of celebration here. I decided to have one last little party here before my parents move. I am also trying to learn how to shoot in manual with my new camera and fiddle around with the different settings. It's definitely a work in progress but I think it makes SUCH a huge difference.















































My dad went above and beyond again. He went out on his own with no help from my mom or I and bought Emma a really sweet card that matches her very own dress up gown. Seriously, what MAN does something like that? It meant so much to Emma and even more to me.



My parents surprised Emma with her first bike. She had no interest in one last year but was very excited at the thought of one this year. They secretly rolled it inside while she was opening gifts and she ran right past it without even noticing it. The picture below is of her very shocked and confused reaction when she did finally see the bike.





























While Emma tried her new bike out Lydia was fussed over as the "snowbirds" made sure she was warm enough in the 60 degree evening weather.














I love this photo. I mean really. Who wouldn't want to name a baby after this woman? Thanks Jamie for the suggestion ;)















You can't totally see it in this photo but the girls were in matching outfits that my friend Natalie gave them when Lydia was born. Awwww, I absolutely love matching sibling outfits :)

We're having SO much fun and we're in no rush to come home!! More posts to come soon!

5 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Very cute photos. Love the one of the DeNae's. So, has Dad been losing a lot of weight? I saw that first picture on the plane and thought you had taken a picture of a random man that looked a lot like Dad.

Lee said...

Love the picts! Esp the ones w/ Emma and the balloons. So funny that she didn't notice the bike! Can she pedal it? I hope she won't give up if it's too hard :) I'm glad you got to go and that you're having a great time.

Cami said...

What a special tradition. I love the balloon photos! The girls have gotten so big. I love it when Garth has facial hair! He just is missing his hat.

Annie said...

We are so loving having you here....it is going too fast=(

Jackie Greenwood said...

How fun! I love the pictures of Emma with those balloons, you are such a great photographer, and she is darling to take photos of. Also, I LOVE matching outfits too!!!