Sunday, July 27, 2008

Just Married

My cousin Sydney changed her name last Saturday from Sydney Smith to Sydney Densley. This picture only confirms my case and point about saying how stylish she truly is.

We had a lot of fun at the cousin table playing "Would you rather..." My favorite was to the boys at the table. "Would you rather go up to the microphone and announce that you would like to say a few words and then just do a tribute to your wife, or would you rather cut in with the bride a few seconds into the Bride and Groom's first dance?"

This is Adam's sister Emily and her darling family. We had a chance to get to know them better when they came up to Rupert last weekend. I come from a family of all girls and rarely do I see someone else with the same pattern of four girls. I just took such a liking to Emily and Chris and their darling girls, Jennesy, Chloe, Lily, and Paisley. Could they be any cuter?!

This is my mom and 3 of her younger sisters, sadly the only other sister that is missing from this picture was the mother of the bride. I am sooooo blessed to have such great aunts and I just adore each one of them and how similar and yet different they are.
This isn't the best quality of picture, but it definitely is a great shot. Baily is in the yellow dress and it seems like she wanted that bouquet pretty bad.



















This is my sister Sara and we took this picture as a joke, because A. she hardly even eats dessert and B. even if she did she wouldn't have a bite that big let alone a portion that big.
I just loved how instead of having a big wedding cake Sydney had little magical cakes at each table that we all cut into as they cut into theirs, genius!

A list of my favorite things through out the day (in no specific order)
1. The bouquet with feathers in it
2. Each table having their own unique cake as the centerpiece that also doubled as the dessert
3. Having someone read the history and tradition of what the wedding cake represents
4. Having toasts/tributes through out the dinner and not just all at once
5. The bride and groom giving well prepared speeches and expressions of love for each other
6. The way Adam's eyes never left Sydney's, not once during the sealing ceremony
7. Not having a line to go through
8. Sydney's wedding dress
9. The main course turkey and mashed potatoes
10. The timing of the day's events
11. Attending a sealing in the same temple where we got sealed
12. The way in which they introduced their family and friends

11 comments:

Vonnie said...

Thanks for sharing the fun pictures of the big event. Syd and Adam put their own flare on things and it turned out so well. I loved many of those same unique things they did. It's great how each bride and groom make their wedding their own. It was such a fun day and I'm so happy for them

Lee said...

great pictures and commentary. It was fun to be a part of it. I'm so happy for both of them to have found such a great match in each other.

Annie said...

Does Sydney even need wedding photos after all the blog posts! Good job of capturing the essence of the day.

Carol said...

I agree to all that has been said!

Stacey said...

Um, I'm thinking these are very steal-able ideas. Syd should put a patent on them. Too bad Janet wasn't in that sister picture and I loved the one of the Densley's at the top.

Kylee said...

Man your post is way better than mine! Is this to get back at me because you THOUGHT that mine about camping was better? Well I might have to re-do mine a little bit and I'm serious because I want that picture of all of us at the table, and I also want to talk about our would you rather game.

Mikael said...

That cake idea is awesome!!! I hate when I find out cute ideas like that AFTER I got married. Guess I will have to keep it in mind for my daughter's wedding.. haha

Darren and Traci said...

Those all were such cute wedding ideas. I LOVE the cakes as centerpieces idea.

Jackie Greenwood said...

This wedding looked amazing. I am a sucker for great weddings!

Jord said...

Good job Lin, maybe you could cover weddings as a part time job? Thanks for filling us in on the great event.

Jamie Jo said...

You are making it harder and harder for me to not cry myself to sleep at night because I missed such fun events.