Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Land that I love

"We have enjoyed so much freedom for so long that we are perhaps in danger of forgetting how much blood it cost to establish the Bill of Rights."
- Felix Frankfurter


4th of July is one of my most favorite Holidays ever. There's no other place I would rather celebrate the freedom of our Country than in Liberty Utah. My parents really out did themselves this year, which is nothing new. We were invited up Thursday night the 3rd for a BBQ and games and an outdoor movie on their projector screen. A hit with kids and adults.






















In the morning we had a simple breakfast and then headed to Liberty park to check out their muttin' bustin' and greased pig chase. We can't wait for Emma to participate next year. She would have loved to have done it this year, but 2 is just too little. Then we went up to Snow Basin and did their 9 hole Frisbee golf course. It was so beautiful and really fun to get out and do something different. Afterwards Jamie made an awesome survivor game. We started with having to eat worms and a mouse (gummy) and the top 6 moved on. Then we had to unscramble a list of names of President's of the United States and the top 4 moved on. Then we had to hook a carabiner to our belt loop and navigate a timed ropes coarse, the top 2 moved on. I participated in a skirt and put on quite the show. Then the final round Bundy and Brody had to run back and forth on a log across a river to retrieve puzzle pieces, then hurry back and the first to assemble their puzzle was the sole survivor. Bundy won a close game and although there was no million dollars just the thrill of the competition was fun enough for all of us to watch. After that we came back to my parents and the boys worked on the fort in Sherwood Forest. Everyone really enjoyed that and the kids are looking forward to a fun summer out there.























Afterwards we had a yummy BBQ and really completed the day with a round of shooting clay pigeons. I was totally shown up by my younger cousins, but it will give me something to work towards. Nice lofty goal eh? Before we headed off to the park for fireworks we all counted the bats that are living in my parents chimney, the count is now up to 75! That's another post for another day. Then we had the best fireworks display ever. The Liberty fireworks are somewhat simple, but laying directly underneath them makes them just as great as the best fireworks display around. You are so close that you can feel the blasts percussion in your chest. I'm so thankful to live in this promised land and to have been raised by goodly parents who have taught me to cherish and defend what this country stands for. God bless the USA!























P.S.
The pictures on this post aren't great quality because I copied them from my Mom's blog and I guess I didn't do it right. I found this out after going through all the work, and I don't have the time or energy to go back through and do it right. So hopefully you can catch the gist of the events taking place :)

6 comments:

Lee said...

nice recap on a great day! Everything we did was so much fun- except when you deserted us to take a nap :)

Annie said...

Yeah Lee, naps are of the devil! Nice job Linz. I loved your picture layout.

Stanford Family said...

Sounds like you had a fun 4th of July! Your family is always doing fun and creative things! I also love liberty days-their the best!!

Sharee said...

Lindsay
Sharee Jones (Garet"s wife), you left a message for my sis in-law Meagan, and so I saw you and your cute family. Looks like you are doing well, and your daughter is so cute. Fun blog too I love it.

Jackie Greenwood said...

How fun is your family!! That survivor game sounds GREAT! The pictures look great. I love reading your blog. Love and sunshine!

Kylee said...

I love that you digitally scrapped the pictures already... you got some awesome shots of the fireworks! Why didn't I bring my camera to that?!