Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fun filled weekend















We had the best weekend ever! It started with a great day on Friday thanks to our friends Jeff and Susan Malmberg. They gave us their free tickets to Lagoon so we could join them and our other friends for a Market Star party I guess you could say. Carrie was so sweet to keep Emma during the day while we took Jed with us to go on all the big kids rides. Then she showed up around 4:00 and we tried to hit up some kiddie rides, but it was way hot and crowded by then. We had a complimentary dinner (thanks again to Jeff and Sue) and then we rushed outta there to drive up to Lava Hot Springs for a little bit of camping.





























































Friday night after Lagoon we dropped Emma off at my parents to have a slumber party and drove up with Jed and Carrie to Lava Hot springs for a ward activity. We got there around 11:00 pm when everyone else was going to bed and we stayed up until 2:00 am eating their left overs out by the fire.




















In the morning we went over to the pool and the boys had "fun" jumping off the highest high dive. We had a great winning streak playing sand volleyball and it was so great to get to know our ward a little bit better.



















After spending the day at the pool we decided to float the river. We had no idea it had actual rapids!! The boys had a blast going down the big rapids, and Carrie and I almost had a blast, but we were in a double tube, which was bad news, and she is almost 7 months pregnant, so that was another negative when tubing a river full of rapids. But once we made it through the river safely, with lots of laughter and adrenaline, we really enjoyed the ride.

















It was so nice to go to an activity and not be in charge. To just show up, and my work is done. God bless (literally) the activities chairmen and committee.














Sunday for the first time ever we spent the whole day just the three of us. We usually go to family's house somewhere, but this Sunday we just stayed home. Bad move mom, it turned out to pretty nice and we might be doing it more often :)














Little Foot is a new member to our family (thanks again Kylee and Jessica) and he enjoyed our hike as well. Here Emma is giving him a drink of water from the pond. She let us know he was very thirsty and made sure he stayed well hydrated.


















We took Emma on her first hike and she did awesome! For a girl that trips walking across the family room I couldn't believe she didn't fall once, not once! She kept a great pace and would have loved to go further, but the sun was setting so we had to move on.














What could this little girl possibly be wishing for? She pretty much has the sweetest life of anyone I know, just shy of mine that is :)










Not my best picture, but being a mom you're always behind the camera or back stage fixing something or another. So this just shows that I do attend our activities, I don't just narrate them.

7 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

What a fun week-end!! I love Lagoon! See if you can score some more free tickets and come with us sometime. Lava looked awesome! I've heard about it, but never been. That looks like something I would love. Should you take me there for my birthday? Good for Emma on her hike with Little Foot. DJ and Spencer love that kind of stuff. There is a great hike up here I want to do in August that Emma would love! And...you spell God with one d. :)

Lee said...

that does sound like a fun weekend. We totally had a blast at Lava a few years ago- I can't believe how high that high dive is! Crazy. Love that you spent a Sunday all on your own and loved it

Jackie Greenwood said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun at Lagoon, and also Crystal Hot Springs. Emma is a doll, and I think the new addition to the family, "Little Foot" is hilarious!

Annie said...

I'm glad you had such a full week-end. It was fun to tend Emma. She looks so old in those first pictures of her.

Kylee said...

Is that Emma in the very first picture with Ryan on the ride? It looks like a doll! Like one of those American Girl Dolls! It took me a while to figure out what/who it was and I'm still not even sure. That river rafting trip sounds way fun and we should definitely do it sometime! Is that a mini waterfall in the last picture of the river trip? And I love that Little foot was in 3/4's of the pictures... I'm so glad she likes him!

Stacey said...

I want to go down rapids. I love doing that....for some reason it seems like a chore getting a whole day away from the kids to go do it. You are lucky to live by people who will watch your kids. I have no one here to help....unless it's trades with friends. I have to save those up for big trips. Soon they will be old enough to just come do it. DId you change your background again? I liked the previous 2 a lot. After a year or so you can change mine and update my picture ok?

Valerie: said...

looks like you all had a great time. I have not been to lagoon in years!!