Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Birthday!!


Today is my sister Jamie's birthday. There are four girls in our family and she is the oldest. She marches to the beat of her own drum, and she wears that title proudly. I just noticed today how funny and truly honest her profile is on her blog, it just made me laugh. For the most part she doesn't care what people think of her, she is who she is and that's that. She's not shy about advertising her weaknesses and less glamorous habits, where most people, myself included, prefer the sugar coated take on life. Jamie is always quick to provide comic relief, even when it is bordering inappropriate. My uncle once said to her "you're not like your other sisters are you?" I always took that as such an insult to her, but as I get older I can see that it doesn't need to be an insult or a compliment, just a very accurate observation, and I'm so thankful for the variety she gives to our family. The thing I love the most about Jamie is her desire to do what is right by God and to always have the Holy Ghost as a constant companion in her life. I don't care how successful a person is in the ways of the World, but if you aren't trying do right by God then what's the point? I should also mention she shares this day with her son Daniel, who has the same energy and thirst for life as she does. He too is so full of love and is such a joy to be around. I Love you both!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Happy birthday Jamie and Daniel. We love you too!

Valerie: said...

I like your new family pics you have up! So cute! You guys are always doing such fun stuff. I read your little insert for Ryan for Father's Day and I am sure you have wonderful mothering instincts but you just don't know it. I bet your daughter loves you very much. Do you guys want another baby or not for a while?

Jamie Jo said...

Linny, that was so sweet! And so true. Not my prettiest picture, but for sure what that captures the essence of Jo. And...I love your new background!

Jackie Greenwood said...

Don't you just love sisters! Sounds like you have some great ones! Just a side note, Emma is adorable, and I loved her sunglasses! Have a wonderful day!

Holly said...

How sweet! Just wanted to let you know how cute your blog is and I'm so glad to know you. You are such a sweet person and I am so grateful to be friends with you. Have a great day!