Friday, June 6, 2008

My favorite companion

I keep saying lately that Emma isn't hard, it's her age that is hard. Her little mind that finds entertainment in playing in her cereal, running her hand along our dirty car EVERY time she walks by it, her fascination with rocks, especially dirty ones, and her ability to repeat her same sentence over and over and over until I repeat it back to her can all get a little overwhelming sometimes.
However, there is no amount of money or Worldly possessions that can take the place of all the little rewards, blessings and true joy that she brings to me. She is now at a stage where if I have the option of leaving her with Ryan while I go run errands, or taking her along with me for her company, I usually chose to bring her with me. She has become my favorite companion and I just delight in everything she says and does, for the most part :)



It was late the other night and well past her bedtime and mine as well, and she decided to play in the curtains instead of going to bed. Yet again, all my frustrations of the day just melted away as I saw how truly innocent and full of light and energy this little girl is. I'm so thankful that she is mine for the time being, and no words can describe what she means to me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The love of a mother is special for both the child and the parent. Even though you will experience frustrations thru the years, never lose sight of the love you feel for you child right now. I am amazed at how I look back over nearly forty years of child rearing and only recall the pleasant moments provided to me by four beautiful children---tracer

Lindsay said...

I can't believe how much little Emma has grown! She is darling-I love her smile. I love staying updated with your family. We sure miss you guys! I wish we lived closer-so we could hang out like old times!!!

Jackie Greenwood said...

I can't wait for Kyle to get older, hee hee! I will for sure be calling you for advice. You are a wonderful mom!
PS. We would totally love to go to SLC temple for a date night, and then maybe dinner after yummy!

Lee said...

the thing i love most about this post (besides the obvious tender thoughts of a mother) is how her hair is kinda messy but that adorable smile just lights up her face and makes her look so beautiful. when your kids get older and need to take a childhood picture to school for different things, it's the goofy/dorky ones they want to take, not the perfectly groomed ones- so be sure and get plenty of her like that

Holls said...

That was so tender and cute! I loved that instead of getting upset that she wasn't going to bed, you took a step back to enjoy the moment instead of letting it pass you by. What a good mother. We could all take a lesson in that. You two really are such good buddies, it's so cute to see. Also, I loved that song, 'You're gonna miss this'. It really puts you back into perspective of what's most important.

tricky09 said...

Lindz, I have to say that it made my day to hear that even you could get frustrated with a child and aren't always perfect. I can tell that you are an awesome mother and I look up to you.

Darren and Traci said...

You're an awesome mom. I think we all have those moments of gratitude for our kids and the moments of frustration but it would be so nice if we could focus on the big picture more huh. Cute post.