Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Guys Night

I think one of the many important aspects in a marriage is to encourage independence. It really gives you such a boost of appreciation for your spouse when they encourage you to go out and have a good time. I have my little Foofs group, and I go out with my mom and sisters from time to time, and Ryan has always been very supportive and never made me feel guilty or rained on my parade. In return that makes me want to give him the same experience and support. So the other night he and some of his buddies decided to go up on the Mountain right behind our house.

They brought foil dinners and made hobo dinners and then explored the mountain to find where some of them had played as kids, checking out their old stomping grounds. The guys were Jed Malmberg, Cody Stowers, and James Rasmussen.
This is the questionable spring where my husband drank a lot of water from. Apparently he was really thirsty and willing to take a risk. Luckily it all seemed to have passed inspection and he never had any problems.
To get to their camping spot they had to jump a rather large canal. In the daylight it was kind of an added adventure, but when it was pitch black on their way home it became a bit of a risk.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks for the pictures. . .it's funny how childlike the mountain can make our husbands(Jed esp) What is it with boulders? Glad they had a great time!
Emma IS an independent girl with a dang cute personality! Where did the time go? What happened to our babies? Seeing them play together makes me realize at what a young age how important good friends are. Addi loves Emma. Good thing she's such a good girl because Addi copies everything Emma does!(: Thanks again for letting Addi come over. . .it really made my day not having to take her. Your the best!

Annie said...

Who wouldn't want to hang out with Mr. Bundy? He is the BEST, Jerry, the BEST!