Saturday, June 14, 2008

Secondhand Serenade















For Father's Day this year I decided to get Ryan and I tickets to our new favorite group, Secondhand Serenade. I thought it would be fun to something different for a date night and also something that I knew Ryan would love. It was at Thanksgiving Point and an outside concert, luckily the weather just happened to clear up so we could have blue skies, but it was still quite cold.














We were DYING over how young everyone was. Other than the parents chaperoning I think we were the oldest ones there. Kids these days just have so much more access to adult culture and activities. We still had a good time, but it became very apparent to me how old 27 really is. I am just so over cheering and carrying on and the whole hysteria bit. I remember at 19 thinking 27 was old, but I've never felt old as I've been approaching 30, until this concert that is. Sad thing is that I can even tell a difference between me and my friends who are under 25, I just seem a little boring compared to them. Oh well. I'm happy to be where I am and I'm looking forward to my thirties. However I will say I wouldn't trade this stage in my life for anything, not anything.














I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but it was funny how many people had their cell phones out. Times have just changed so much in ten years.


Here's their most common song on the radio, you may have heard it before. He has 2 albums out and both are very good. Check him out if you get a chance.


http://music.aol.com/video/fall-for-you/secondhand-serenade/2069984
(warning, the video is a little "sexy")

5 comments:

Kylee said...

That's pretty funny that you were the oldest ones there! But I'm glad you still had fun. I wonder if me and Brod would feel old at something like that. Maybe it's just more of a single people thing and we would feel old too, even though we're not really.

Jamie Jo said...

Never heard of him or the song. Weird video. But I liked the song.

Stacey said...

Wow, if you're old, what are we?!

The Poulsen Family said...

I started feeling old when Brooklyn referred to me as a "grown-up" (I'm not a grown-up, they're old) and when a newly wed said that I looked "so young" in my wedding pictures. Hello I am young, that was only 7 years ago but then again 7 years is eternity even to someone who is 18. I think that you're still smokin hot!

Julie said...

I love the new look of your blog. I have finally typed up the breast cancer info. for you and your family. I will bring it to Body Pump on Thurs. Take care!