Monday, May 26, 2008

Recent Happenings

We have been very busy with family in town and lots of little adventures. Although I try to avoid working backwards in life I am posting these pictures and events in order of the most recent and then going backwards.
Ryan's sister Julie came to spend a long weekend with us. She just happens to be one of my closest friends and with her three is never a crowd, it's always a party. Emma has been waiting for her visit and would tell us everyday how Julie was going to sit by her in the car, that's all she wants these days, is for someone to sit by her. We had so much fun and it makes me that much more excited to go to Oregon this summer.






























Ryan's parents and nephew Taylor were passing through town on their way back from a reunion, so we met up with them and took them to our favorite restaurant Taiphoon at the Gateway. Nothing beats their Thom Kah Gai soup, it's a must have!




Afterwards we toured Temple Square because Taylor had never been there. I don't care how many times I've been, it has never lost it's effect on me.








I don't think there could be a more beautiful place in the whole state of Utah then where we were standing to take this picture.



I would assume that every library offers this program, but it's definitely our favorite Thursday activity. For 30 minutes someone reads, sings songs, and does activities with the kids. It makes for great social interaction for Emma and is also a great reason to get out of the house. Lily joined us last week and these pictures just say it all with the little "ham bones" that these girls are together.















My favorite walking trail is the Ogden River Parkway. Last week we had a little FOOFS activity and loaded the squids up in the joggers and walked down to the Pelaton's Cafe for lunch. It's so nice to have friends who are game for anything.














One thing that just can't be beat is that my Aunt Lee will say "Can Emma come and spend the weekend? The kids miss her and we need some entertainment." It's one wonderful thing to trust who your leave your child with, but it is a whole other ball game when those that you trust the most are actually wanting her to come and stay, for no other reason then they just like her. Priceless. So this is a picture of my two favorite "babysitters" in the whole widest world.






There are few things in this world that are better than sisters. I am so thankful to have a unique relationship with each of my sisters and I have really learned to value their differences and how each of them has something to offer that the others may not. What a blessing to come from a family of all girls, and to have a mother that works as the glue that holds us all together.



I think my family is on to something. We've been meeting for Sunday dinner at the half way point for all of us in Brigham City. We bring a yummy picnic and let the kids play. Having races is a favorite and also playing kick ball. This last time we met it was Caleb's fifth birthday so Sara brought a yummy Costco Cake (the best cake out there) and also brought a piñata for the little squids. I hope to make this a more common Sunday dinner, including the costco cake.


Emma doesn't get candy very often, so she was pretty pleased with the "guts" that fell out of the piñata


I am pretty pleased with Emma's balance of all things girly, but also her love for rocks, sticks, dinosaurs, and anything boys can do. Ryan is a little worried she'll be a tom boy, but I say more power to her!

My sister Stacey and her husband Todd came to town with their youngest son Brody. We had them over for a yummy times dinner and love having them to ourselves.
Brody is exactly a year younger than Emma and he was pretty into that little Bucky Bunny.
My mom took us to get pedicures and out to lunch. If Stacey lived here I think my friends would never see me, I'm pretty sure she would monopolize all my free time. Of all my sisters I think Stacey is the one I have the most in common with. My yearly visit to Portland to see Ryan's family gives me one extra visit a year to see Stacey and I really think it helps strengthen our friendship.
I could have lunch every day with these two girls and never get sick of it. This was at the Bistro on 25th street and I had the yummy yummy baby greens salad, delightful!







13 comments:

Annie said...

Wow! That was a mouthful and I loved every bite. I'm glad you had such a great ten days. You are not living a life of quiet desperation!!!

tricky09 said...

Wow Linds, Nick and I both agree that you guys always seem to be busy doing something. And it always looks like lots of fun too!It's sure fun to see what you're up to. Tina

Jamie Jo said...

Do you think you need to explain to people that your one sister wasn't adopted from China...that her fat face just makes her cheeks push into her eyes when she smiles so they become little squinters?

Stacey said...

Couple comments: The way the temple lights are reflected in that picture has got to be the most beautiful one I've ever seen.
Was Julie and Bundy's dying over Emma's commentary? I've been saying "where's Toad", and it cracks us up?! Julie looks very pretty. I like that picture of you and Ryan in that cute denim skirt. I see how you chose that cute picture of you and all us girls when I tried to do a "Redo" with my pose....oh, well you can't win em all. Feeeeelings. Hope none of the other girls are thinned skinned about your nice comments to me. I have our "evening" with you/Emma/Bundy all planned. It'll be the best Jerry. Should we join you for an afternoon one day when your at the beach?

Unknown said...

Wow- that's a lot to take in. . . of course you know what my favorite part was :) i loved hearing about everything and seeing the pictures to go along with it. Fun fun!

Lee said...

woops! i'm the brody comment. i didn't realize i was on the computer under kylee's password. sorry!

Lindsey said...

That's funny Lee, I was thinking that was kinda weird for Brody to say, and I had no idea what his favorite part was. Thanks for clearing it up.

Holls said...

Super cute pictures Lins! It's always a party with the Bundy's!

Vonnie said...

Great pictures Lindsey! It looks like a lot of fun family activites. I loved the picture of your family in front of the SLC temple. There is something about the lighting that makes it such a great picture. You should get it framed!

Jamie Jo said...

Okay, first time through I mainly looked at pictures, but Stacey's comment about would we be thin skinned over what you said about her made me curious, so I went back and read the whole thing. I am laughing pretty hard now, because you tell me that I am the one you have the most in common with. Lindsey, are you telling us all the same thing? Is this a case of "I bet you say that to all your sisters?" Were you trying to make her feel good because she doesn't live here? Are are you trying to make me feel good because I have a dent in my bum?

Lindsey said...

Jamie, Yeah I don't know why Stacey would think anyone would be thin skinned, I'm just expressing my thoughts and feelings. I do think of all the sisters that I am the one who has the most in common with you, and Stacey has the most in common with me, and Sara has the most in common with Stacey. Make sense? It shouldn't have to really, cause it all changes as we go through different stages of life. But I think as far as the dent is concerned, I have the most in common in that area with you than the other girls, let's have that be a special bond between us.

Jamie Jo said...

LOL!! My dent can take your dent any day of the week, sista. Plus, it's got my dimples as back up! Top those odds!

Jackie Greenwood said...

Fantastic! It looks like you guys had so much fun. I love the picture of the pedicure (Don't you love those things!) Have a wonderful day!