Wednesday, May 7, 2008

BYU Women's Conference


Last weekend my mom took me and my two Utah sisters to Women's Conference. None of us had ever been before and this was the most healthy and productive girls trip I've ever been on. Sadly my mom had a funeral to attend one day and a wedding dinner to attend another day, so she wasn't with us the whole time, but we didn't let that hold us back from making the most of our time.

For the most part we split up and went to different classes that pertained to each of us. We went to three one hour classes a day and opened our conference with a talk from Sheri Dew and closed it by hearing inspired words from our new dear Prophet, President Monson.
A couple of my favorite classes were on Having a Merry Heart when trials come our way or small day to day frustrations. It pointed out that every time Christ said "Be of good cheer" that it was never at times when they were celebrating, and we should rejoice in our chance to call upon the Lord. I had another class on honesty that really has stopped me dead in my tracks and inspired my next poll, in which I hope everyone answers honestly :) That reminded us that when we aren't honest, we lose our integrity, and without integrity what are we?
After our first day of conference we went to Salt Lake City and met up with my mom. She took us to our favorite restaurant at the Gateway, Thaiphoon. Then we saw a pretty funny movie, Baby Mama, I didn't like the message it sent, but it was a good laugh.

Jamie and Sara and I made a stop on both days at Pudding On The Rice. It is an amazing rice pudding joint and we loaded up our bowls to hold us over until the next time we come back.


Jamie is definitely the yellow of all of us girls. She is the most fun loving and pretty much game for ANYTHING. She's quick for a laugh and will take you up on any dare you give her. In Thailand I dared her to drink squid oil, and she did!! I didn't even give her anything for it!

4 comments:

SaraPete said...

Hey, why didn't you put up your picture w/ Patrick Dempsey...it's hot!! I need more pudding on the rice! I'm going to try and make it myself...I will share w/ you!

Darren and Traci said...

Fun to be able to go to womens conference with your mom and sisters. I think I might go one of these times since I now live so close. My mom and one of my sisters have went and always enjoyed it.

Jamie Jo said...

I really am your funnest sister, huh?! That squid oil was N.A.S.T.Y. That was a great time. I can't wait til next year.

Lee said...

i love womens conf! it's such a great get-away and one that uplifts, encourages and inspires you. i have learned and grown a lot from the years i've gone. i'm glad you're in on the secret now of how great it is!