Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Front Runner



Last weekend my cousin Kylee and her husband Brody came to spend a couple nights with us before Brody went to Brazil. Then Kylee stayed on with me for a couple more nights to play and break up her time being alone. Kylee is my closest cousin and she is 7 years younger than me. We have always been really close and the age gap has never seemed to be a problem. It was so nice having her all to myself again and so I could drag her along with me in whatever adventures I wanted to do that Ryan wouldn't play along with.













One of many things I had Kylee do with me was try out the new Front Runner Train that goes from Ogden to Salt Lake City.







The train was $10 round trip from Ogden to Salt Lake, so not much cheaper than gas, especially not if you go in a group. We found it to be really smooth and it was a very nice train with beautiful views. I am hoping that they are still working on some kinks and will get everything worked out in a few more weeks, but it took us an hour and a half just to go from 25th street to Gateway, which by car would have taken 45 minutes.






We went to the Gateway to play and shop and eat at Thaiphoon. Emma is really into dinosaurs and this Little Poot (Foot) dinosaur comes with us everywhere we go now. Notice him in the background of many pictures.
















I thought it would be funny to put Little Poot on one of the fountain holes so he would go flying into the air. I didn't plan on Emma running out there to save him, and in the process having the fountain spray her directly in her face. I will admit it was pretty dang funny, and I was trying my best not to laugh.









By the time we were headed home it was 10:30 and Emma was well past bed time and really rather bored. She passed the time by playing in her stroller basket and trying to push the stroller up and down the aisles.
If this train wasn't so new and still in mint condition I wouldn't normally let her lie on the floor, but I was just happy to have her be entertained.

So my final vote on the Front Runner is to give it some more time before tyring it out, or perhaps go if your child isn't the busiest little beaver you know. I think it would be way fun for a date night, they had tables that you could play cards on or have treats or whatever.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Ya so far it's not great but maybe without energetic 2 year olds it would be better! You've been super busy!

Annie said...

It's great to have cousins who have always been a special part of your life. Miss Em sure looked cute in her white top and hair bobs!

Jord said...

I'd never heard of that train, but it definitely sounds cool. I'd love to try it out sometime with you, whenever we're back in the state. I'm glad you enjoyed women's conference and had a fun fiesta for Sara's 30th! Who could believe she is so young.

Darren and Traci said...

Glad the ride turned out mostly successful. So sad about her little dinosaur's flight but so funny. haha way cute pictures of the day

Lee said...

kylee LOVED spending time w/ you and emma. loved seeing the picts after only hearing about it from ky. thanks for entertaining her!

Kylee said...

It sure was a lot of fun to hang out with you and Emma! Even though the front runner was soo slow and more expensive than we thought! It was still a great few days, thanks for the hospitality! (I might have to steal a few of those pictures for my blog).