Wednesday, April 30, 2008

FOOFS

I recommend that every girl should belong to some form of a club. Whether it be a biking club, a book club, a MDO (mother's day out) or a walking club. It's just good to have a break from serving everyone around you and take a little time out for yourself. For over a year four of my friends have been very loyal in maintaining our commitment to FOOFS (Focus On Our Friends.) We rotate houses once a month and take turns cooking a nice dinner, and teaching each other something and usually doing some form of activity. The months have varied from learning how to digital scrapbook, learning about Breast Cancer, 72 hour kits, food storage, jewelry making, or even just going to a chick flick.

When I started this club over a year ago I truly felt inspired over who I should invite. I am so thankful to these girls and their amazing strength and example they are to me. I feel like I am walking amongst giants and each one of them has their very own unique traits that just add so much to my life. They all help me to be the mother, wife, friend, daughter, and sister I would like to become.
From top to right is Ashley Rasmussen, Holly Stowers, Me, Staci Jensen, and Carie Malmberg. This Foofs was at Staci's house and she had us make t-shirts to wear with sparkly letters that say Foofs and have our names on them. We were very giggly the whole night.

9 comments:

Lee said...

i love that you have fun friends and that you do productive things w/ them. i miss the AZ days when i had lots of great friends. i really miss that. maybe it's more important when you're in your stage of life than it is in mine when your kids are older and can be better companions for you that when they were toddlers.

Tracy said...

I am so glad you have amazing friends like that! They will see you through good and bad times just like family. I have a girls group just like that here...I'll have to make shirts :) Friends like that are hard to find, but priceless when found.

Stacey said...

What a great thing for a group of young mothers. My foofs might include time spent all by myself and stand for "focus on my freedom". That sounds about right for me. I've seen some of the things you girls do and it's darling. I think mom's learning club and foofs come at those early and later stages in your life...perhaps you will keep this going strong for many more years. Who knows?! I'll try to come up with a snazzy little idea if you ever come up blank. Yeah, right!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! I love the bright pink shirts

Carrie said...

Yay for FooFs! Who knows if we'll ever wear our shirts but it was a memorable night. I am so grateful for our friendship and that we have an excuse to get out of the house once a month without kids. . .it gives us all something to look forward to. It also reminds me what it was like back in high school to just be crazy with your girlfriends. More mature thought(:

Jamie Jo said...

How fun Linny! I love my friends, too. I have biking club, and I have a book club, and then I just have my other friends I like to play with.

Mikael said...

How cute! So jelous!!!
It reminds me of "sex and the city" except you are "moms in the suburbs". There should be a reality TV show following you around, you are all so cute!

Holls said...

I'm so glad you started this! It really has been so much fun and I have so much to learn from each of you!

The Georges said...

Linds,
You are so talented! Who knew you were so crafty... I love your house decor, blog, and foofs. You are a great friend, sister, mom, and wife, and etc.
I can't wait to see you again and catch up. We need to get together soon.