Monday, April 28, 2008

Bundy Visit


Ryan's parents came to visit us for a spring trip and we had sooo much fun visiting until well after midnight and letting Emma perform for them. We spent a very fun filled day in Salt Lake going to a few different attractions. Our favorite being the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point.

Considering the long winter and slow spring we considered ourselves very lucky to see any tulips in bloom. Although only at 60% of the tulips were in bloom we were very pleased.
I don't know what the name of this tulip is but it just reminded me sooo much of Emma and kind of tugs at my heart strings to look at it, weird I know.

Could there even be a prettier flower than this one? I don't think so. It even smelled like peppermint!

We went to Jeremiah's for "the best breakfast in Utah" and sure enough, the reputation was spot on.
My parents stopped by to visit for a bit with the Bundys. I took this golden opportunity to take a picture for Emma and our future kids. I would have thought that was sooooo cool if both sets of my grandparents were friends. Having all of us be from Portland their friendship dates back to well before Ryan and I even graduated high school. What a gift it is to us for both sets of parents to be supportive and admiring of one another.
I don't care what anybody says, fish are unnatural and frightening. I've never cared for them, and I think this picture does my fear of them justice.




We went To Cabela's just to see what all the fuss was about, and we were not disappointed. It takes a lot for Emma to be distracted from playing with her "rocks" that she collects throughout the day, but the display of animals had her completely captivated.

10 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Tulips-gorgeous! Mine haven't bloomed. Wah.
Fish-yikes! Remember when you fell off your floaty in Hyrum Dam with me and Andrea and you freaked out? Remember how Rachel is afraid of sharks in Bear Lake?
Rocks-Does Emma wash her rocks in the bathtub like you used to?

Lindsey said...

Yes Jo, Emma has little rock piles all over the house. She has a special pile that just stays with her bath toys so she can bath with them and play with them. I need to dig out my rock collection and introduce her to them. Good one about Rachel and Bear Lake, that's funny.

Annie said...

We've known Margo and Clay ever since their boy was 17. We adore them and think they raised the finest son possible. He is a credit to his heritage.

Cami said...

Lovely pics. I did notice papa's hand is he OK?

Lindsey said...

Yeah Cami, my dad broke his wrist last month. He's okay except for the fact that he can't bike, I think that is his worst nightmare come true.

Stacey said...

I was dejunking once and had a pile of magical rock from Duber's at Cannon Beach. Too bad I tossed them out already. What is that animal place anyway? Should you take my kids and I there when we come? The tulips looked so pretty. I can't believe that I have never planted tulip bulbs in my yard seeing as how they are my favorite flower?? What is up with that? I want to see more pictures of Emma in the fields.

Darren and Traci said...

Peppermint smelling flowers? How cool is that!?! So fun that both sets of parents could get together, I love having Darren's and my parents able to see the kids at the same time. So I still need to call you... I will figure things out today and give you a call if you are still available.

Lee said...

i'm glad you got to see the tulips. i was worried they wouldn't be ready since we haven't really had any warm weather. i don't mind the idea of mixing with you and your childrens parents. i could totally see us hanging out w/ brodys parents. but that's as far as it goes. . . sorry people! i just can't help it

Shannon Allen said...

The tulips looked gorgeous! Glad your trip wasn't as sad as ours! Great pics!

Carrie said...

I'm so glad the tulips were out. That picture of your parents is a treasure! Isn't it so neat when both sides get along so well you can hang out with them both together. I love that about our families! That's why Bear Lake is our favorite place. Both families are usually there.