Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Teeth

Emma had her first trip to the dentist and had I known she would love it so much I would have been using the Dentist as leverage for good behavior. Anyone who knows Emma knows she is a busy busy little girl, but it was almost as though I had her sedated before taking her in. She was sooo mellow and obedient and was just taking it all in. Michelle, the hygienist and Dave the Dentist were so darling with her and let her pick out a toy from the bin which was icing on the cake. She would have been tickled with a new toothbrush, but went home happier than on Christmas morning. I am pleased to say she had zero cavities and that we can look forward to going back in six months.

It's almost sad the mileage a child can get out of having a sticker.

All though I was embarrassed to be "that mom" I was thankful that Dave and Michelle posed for the camera. True Emma looks traumatized in this picture, but she couldn't stop talking about her trip to the Dentist.
I made up this little song that goes to the primary tune of "You've had a birthday."
We're off to the Dentist shout Hooray!
He's gonna clean our teeth today.
Bright and shiny and strong too,
we're going to the Dentist, yahoo!
I didn't plan on her liking this song so much and now I am rather sick of singing it, but I think it added to the day's experience.

7 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Those pictures are classic!! Spency loves the dentist too. And, oddly enough, so does Rachel.

Jord said...

Amazing! Can you give Lauren lessons before her dentist trip? I'm so glad Emma girl loved it and got a sticker to boot!

Mikael said...

you are so lucky she cooperated! I have a feeling my girl would be crying, screaming and shaking, she HATES environments like that.
She is totally cute too, and I love how you do her hair! So fun

Stacey said...

I have two that have had great experiences and one not so much. I'm sure you can guess who....that reminds me that this one needs another appt. for more work to be done. Start saving now for braces....with those Griffin genes it's likely she'll be standing in line for that as well.

Lee said...

so cute. i love that you're one of "those moms" and you should be proud of it!

SaraPete said...

If Emma loved that dentist, you should take her to the pediatric dentist in North Ogden. She would love it!! It's called Castle Creek, and has a little castle play room inside and a Nemo theme & Nemo playing while they get their teeth cleaned! The Dentist there is also darling!

Darren and Traci said...

Too cute and funny you got them to pose for a picture. ugg I am such a slacker with moving and being too scared Emmie will freak out we still have yet to take her to the dentist but we talk about it all the time to get her ready. Now that she saw these pictures of Emma there she really wants to go! I'll have to go make an appointment before she changes her mind. And maybe I'll have to try your song