Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Living Room

I think everyone should have a little corner where you have a display of just you and your spouse, I think it's good for the kids to see, and good to remember that your life didn't always revolve around the kids. For our five year anniversary Ryan made me this shadow box to store my wedding bouquet. I love it so hard because it was just sitting in a box getting so dusty. Oh, and yes, that is out actual wedding cake topper.

Again, another decoration that I copied from a magazine. We saw this plain trellis and so Ryan made it for me and then we just added things to it. I hang seasonal decorations from it though out the year. The wood was so cheap and anyone could make this.
Ballard Design is my favorite catalog store. www.ballarddesigns.com Years ago I saw this shelf that I just HAD to have. Luckily for me Ryan is a bit more practical and said he would just make it for me, and voila! Sure enough he did. That was before kids and when we lived in my parents guest house, now I think he would just tell me to buy it.


This hutch has caused some feelings amongst the sisters. I LUCKED into having it sent my way, it just so happened that the others sisters didn't have room for it. Actually I got it cause I'm the favorite, but that's the story we're telling the other girls. My dad originally bought this for my mom in Rockaway Beach in Oregon, and it is my favorite piece in the house.
My mom has got me into making special occasion scrapbooks. They are a great way to glorify average and meaningful day to day happenings or favorite Holidays. They make for cute decorations as well :)
Get creative. If you see something you love, most likely you or someone you know could just make it. Thank goodness for my mother who buys things and allows Ryan to copy cat and just duplicate her over priced item. I just noticed that the right candle stick is crooked, I'll be sure to go fix that right now.
Ebay is also a great place to find unique treasures. These metal picture frames would normally sell in a boutique for EASILY $70. I got both of them for $40 including shipping. If you have the patience and are willing to take the gamble on not seeing it up close and personal, you can really score with this home decor option. Also, on a side note, I buy well over half of Emma's wardrobe from ebay of boutique clothes and baby gap. Living in Ogden, you just don't have the luxury of options.

We live pretty close to the mountain, I just love this view.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Your little scrap books look really cute on that shelf. Hmmm. I wonder how long that piece will be on "loan" for. It's a keeper!

The Poulsen Family said...

What a cute how you have! I think that it is a great idea to have a picture of you and your spouse in the living room, we also have one in Brooklyn's room.

Ashley said...

I totally want to copy your time out chair! How danged cute!

Nicole Jackson said...

Very fun and cute ideas! But I have to say that little Emma's room is still my favorite (from what I've seen of your house) I just love everything about her room, especially the colors!

Darren and Traci said...

Gorgeous home and ideas. You can come decorate our place anytime ;)