Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weekend with the Smith's

This weekend my cousin Sydney and her soon to be hubby had the best party in Rupert, Id. Sydney and I have always been pretty close and I'm so excited to have her join the married's team. She has more style in her little pinky then I could ever hope to have.

I think this is one of the cutest and most unique engagement pictures I've ever seen. Very fitting for the college dating scene.

My Uncle Mike and Bundy tried to stay seated the whole time since they were the only ones in jeans. I must say it is their wives who told them this would be a casual affair, whoops
Sydney and Adam had a very "vintage" theme that just made for the most delightful summer party. Their use and display of the cupcakes just made my heart so happy.



Ryan and I spent the night with my cousin Dustin and his wife Daelynn who we just adore. We just love our Smith cousins. All of them and any of them. Honestly, truly, I think I would consider moving to Idaho just to be closer to them.

















We went to Shoshone Falls and met Sydney and Adam, Nick and Tina and their little boys, Adam's sister and her husband and her four little girls, and eventually Grandma and Janet made their way over.


We went ice-blocking which I either haven't done in ages or I've never done, I'm not sure which. Either way it was the perfect activity to do with the kids on a hot day, although the ice blocks didn't help cool us off, it was still really fun.























I was shocked over how beautiful these waterfalls are, why have I never been here? The Twin Falls area really has a lot to offer with outdoor recreating.












Nick and Tina and their DARLING boys, Ronin, Crew, and Hendrix.













Dustin and Daelynn were great hosts showing us such a good time. Their little girl McKinley is the same age as Emma so it's nice to have a little person for Emma to squeal and run around with.
























After a long day in the sun we all went out to eat at a local Mexican Restaurant, Aguila. Ryan is always so happy to have a chance to eat tacos de' tripas (pig intestines.) Then Daelynn was sweet enough to stay home with the girls so we could join Dustin, Syd and Adam and Nick and Tina for a late movie of Batman. It was sooooo good. The bat mobile made me feel funny inside and I've never seen a better villain than the role Heath Ledger played, hats off to him. I would definitely pay to see it again.
So thanks for the great weekend Smith's. I'm not sorry to say to Jamie, Sara, and Kylee that you really missed out. Just for future reference, when the Smith's get together, never, ever, not ever pass up an invite to party with them!

8 comments:

Jackie Greenwood said...

What a fun weekend you had! Those falls are beautiful. I totaly loved Batman too!!

Kylee said...

Thanks linny. The whole time I was reading that I was thinking "man why did I have to look at her blog!" and then that comment at the end just made it that much better. I am SOO sad that we didn't get to go. We only ended up being in bear lake for 4 hours and all we did was ate and talked. Oh well, next time we WILL be there. Those waterfalls are gorgeous and the reception was awesome and you even went to batman and everything.. dang it you guys did it all! But I am glad you had a fun time :)

Annie said...

True Dat, Linny. True Dat. Nice pictures on this post. It was fun to see all the cute cousins. I should have stayed over another night. Shoot!

Jord said...

Those Smith boys are great and I loved seeing pictures of them. I haven't seen any of them since Grandma's fiesta and their kids are getting so big! The wedding looked so fun too!

Lee said...

your little dig to Kylee and your sisters made me laugh. Funny stuff. I think it's so cool that cousins can go years w/o seeing each other but it doesn't matter cause you have that cousin bond. I loved the picts and am so glad you guys had fun. I'm especially glad Bundy wore those jeans. Mike is always underdressed, but I felt sure that when Janet said the party was "very casual" that couldn't possibly be intrepreted to mean dresses and ties. . . jeez-

Nicole Jackson said...

I also loved Batman and I'm glad to see that others liked it also! I know some people that thought it was evil, terrible and dark! I thought it was thrilling, entertaining, and kept me on the edge of my seat!

Stacey said...

Lots of comments....first off I thought that was Sydney's wedding reception. Loved the candy/cupcake display. Shoshone Falls is quite breathtaking....good for Ruprict having something so beautiful so close. Hello to Batman. I have heard reviews now all OVER the gammet. Nic loved it and my friend Julie hated it. Don't think I'll see it (no interest) but I'm SURE I won't be letting Griffin after the reviews I heard for the hot-sa-not-sa came in. Can't wait to see tea party post!

Darren and Traci said...

Wow those falls are amazing. I love all the pictures in this post. And I also love that Ryan was underdressed. I hate dressing up and like when other people are underdressed because it makes me feel better. haha