Friday, July 25, 2008

Pioneer Day


In honor of the pioneers I thought this video link would be a great tribute to them and all their hard work in paving the way for the growth of the church. I have two very soft spots in my heart, one is for homeless people, and the other is for those pioneers who are literally all SAINTS to me. Nothing in my life has ever been more touching and moving than my experience at Martin's Cove. I really believe that will be the ultimate spiritual experience of my life that I will compare all others to. Yesterday my mom, Emma and I went to the Pioneer Day Parade. The most moving part of it was when all of the Ogden area missionaries walked along singing Praise to the Man and they had some missionaries handing out pass along cards, they truly carried the spirit with them and reminded us that the work must go on. I'm so thankful for my Pioneer Heritage and the pride that my family has in who we are and where we came from. My dad is currently spending most of his free time on his musical that he has written about the Mormon Battalion. The stories of the Pioneers and their examples they have set for generations to come are just like the gift that keeps on giving. God bless America, truly the Promised Land, there is no where else I would rather call home then in my beloved beehive state.

5 comments:

Annie said...

I want to go to the parade from now on just to see those missionaries marching down the road singing their hearts out. Goose bumps. Also the goose bumps came as I watched your video link and saw how the church has spread upon the face of the earth. Thanks for sharing your day with me yesterday:)

Stanford Family said...

Hey cute girl, I have many memories of you. Going to BBQ's with you and playing games. I remember you as the "girl" who dated Clint (not in a bad way). I was a little jealous because I was always friends with Clint and then he had a new girl. I still think it's funny that he told you that we dated. My mom asked me one day, if I had dated Clint because he was telling people we did. Haha. I love hanging out with you. I think your such and beautiful and fun girl. We REALLY need to hang out more.

Vonnie said...

I love that video link. I've seen it many times and it gives me chills. I watched it once in the MTC when they showed it to all the missionaries on the big screen. Many of them had never seen it and they were very moved. I love to watch Argentina on the map during the years I served there and other countries where our family members have served. We had a small part in helping the light spread. One day soon Mongolia will be getting a light. Oh happy day!

Unknown said...

I love Pioneer Day too. It's hard to imagine all they suffered to get here in SLC to worship how they pleased. All the pioneers are truly amazing, their devotion and love for this church and Jesus Christ is a huge example to each of us!
Anyway, so...hi Lindsey! This is Rachel Thompsen from the ward, and Travis and I are also in the wonderful marriage class you and your husband teach!! That class has been so so great - can't wait for this Thursday! You guys are hilarious and have a wonderful way of bringing the spirit!
That's fun you guys have a blog! I love bloggingness! see ya Thursday!
-Rachel Thompsen

Darren and Traci said...

It's cool to be in Utah and be able to celebrate pioneer day now and come to know what sacrifices were made for us. I love that picture of you and Emma.