Monday, September 1, 2008

Making the last day count













On our last day in Oregon we really went all out. We started by taking Emma to the Oregon Zoo which is a VERY nice zoo. All of the exhibits are so neat because they are set in the lush forest, so it looks about as natural and cozy as a zoo is capable of looking.












Ryan had us look at EVERY animal there. Here he and Emma are feeding the birds and he even got Emma to feed the bird while it walked on his arm.



























The Polar bears really put on a good show and we got a kick out of seeing them up close and watching them play. No joke, their paw was the size of a nine month pregnant belly.







































After the zoo we went to Washington Square, one of my favorite malls and did some shopping while we waiting for our reservations at Cheesecake Factory. Margo, Clay, Julie and Chad met us for dinner and I was such a happy girl.
















My sister Stacey got me onto the Luau Salad and it is perhaps my most favorite dish in the whole wide world, or at least in the whole wide world of salads.





After dinner I went down to Janie and Jack's, my favorite clothing store and bought Emma this little outfit below, except instead of the sweater I bought her a sweater dress. The whole store reminds me of a miniature Audrey Hepburn, it is just too sweet. Of coarse we don't have any magical stores like this in Utah, and it was tax free, so I couldn't resist.








This was a great last adventure for our last day in Oregon. We had the best time and are already looking forward to next year.

6 comments:

Kylee said...

Those pictures at the zoo are so dang cute! I love the one where it's just a silhouette of you three. I'm jealous that the oregon zoo had polar bears, hogle zoo didn't have those, so I've never seen one. I bet Emma loved it!

Jamie Jo said...

Providence is almost that cool. The Willow Park Zoo is almost that neat. Wait a minute. No it's not.

Lee said...

I'm glad to see you're not dishing out "child abuse" to your child like I did to mine by never taking her to the zoo. . .

Stanford Family said...

What a fun trip! I love the zoo. Emma looks adorable in her little pink hat. So cute.

Unknown said...

Nice pictures! It looks like you guys had an absolute blast in Oregon!! How fun! I'm sure it was great to see sights and family that you normally don't get to on a daily basis. How fun!

Vonnie said...

It looks like you had a great time visiting your family in Oregon. Emma is so darling and it looks like you took her on some memorable adventures. You are both great parents to that lucky little girl.