Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A very fun weekend


Friday we went to Logan to see my cousin Jessica (the baby whisperer) cheer for her last football game at the Logan high Homecoming game. She graduated last year but the Seniors come back for the homecoming game. Emma loved seeing her cheer and just wanted to be down there with her.

We left Emma Friday night to have a weekend party with the Jensens and Lee and I joke that I traded her my oldest daughter for her oldest daughter for the weekend. So Kylee and Brody came back with us and we packed in a lot of activities.


Saturday we got up relatively early and checked off one of my goals for the year and hiked on Ben Lomond. The colors were sooo beautiful and the weather was pretty perfect.




We hustled down from the mountain to hurry and make a temple session, only to get to the temple and find it closed at noon for the Relief Society Broadcast. So the boys went one way and went to Avon to go shooting while Kylee and I shopped on 25th street and went to the Relief Society dinner and broadcast.
After the broadcast we went to the mall and then met the boys at the movie theater to see Eagle Eye. It was sooo good! We definitely recommend it. I would love to see it again in theaters and hope I do. It's pretty intensely packed with action, so beware :)
Sunday we went up to Logan to trade back our daughters. Ryan and I were very ready to see Emma and tend to miss her much more than usual lately, she's just so sweet and fun to be around. For dinner the Jensens had us go up to Logan canyon for a dutch oven cook out. We had a great spot by this beautiful river. Brody and Bundy felt it necessary to cross this freezing cold river. Bundy was the only one that made it. I laughed when I asked Brody why he was crossing and he very simply said "To get to the other side." Oh, duh, why didn't I think of that? Boys are just wired so differently that it makes me laugh.
There was lots of tree climbing, rock throwing, and a great game of sardines. The dinner was delicious and it was such a fun fall activity to do.
Thanks again Jensens for always caring for Emma and taking such an interest in her life. Every Mother knows how much it means to have someone love and care about your child. Words cannot express my gratitude.
Kylee and Brody we had so much fun with you guys and just love your company. Glenn Beck is a sure fire way to make friends with Bundy and I love that the four of us always have interesting conversations about important things in life. Can't wait for next weekend!
Emma, we're so glad you're home. Although I would take you with me everywhere I go, I do leave you with friends and family to help you grow and develop a tiny bit of independence. I just want to make you as strong as possible to face this world and times you have ahead of you. You're the best thing that has ever happened to us and we're very aware of our blessing to have you be ours for the time being.


5 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

It seems only fair that you have another family with the Jensens since Mom has another daughter with that Jennifer girl.

tutus n bowties said...

What a fun weekend! We are sad that we missed out, but are excited for conference weekend!

Lee said...

That was such a fun weekend. We LOVE having Emma come to stay. You took great pictures to document a fun weekend. I'm gonna need copies of all the picts you took Sunday after my camera batteries died. . . you are the master photographer! I love the one of us linking arms. Very cute.

Kylee said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for everything!

Erin said...

I hope you don't think I am crazy for leaving a comment on your blog (since you don't know me:) But my friends Kami and Lisa told me that you live just a few houses up the street from me and that you have a blog! So I thought I would introduce myself over this crazy blogging world!

-Erin