Thursday, January 14, 2010

Like totally awesome!

Warning: Long post. Wasn't in the mood to do collages for this post.
ARG! Dumb blogger is making my words appear out of order. Sorry it may not make sense, but at least the photos mostly speak for themselves.



















I spent the morning of New Year's Eve making this cake for our party that night :) We went to Logan where my aunt Lee hosted an 80's bash for the new year. There was a prize for best dressed (Bundy came in second) and we had an 80's trivia game and also a scavenger hunt throughout the city where we had to actually go into businesses dressed like this! It was just a great night.


























Ryan shaved racing stripes in his hair line and also lightening bolts in his beard. He had to buzz his head and shave his beard and start fresh by Sunday. I didn't love it at first, but now I'm rather fond of this new look for him.





































































Lee made a super duper yummy turkey dinner before sending us out on our scavenger hunt.




























































New Year's Day- and then some


We ended up staying an extra two nights with the Jensens. That's not too uncommon for us. It was nice to just hang out, play cards, and of course have yummy food. We miss Kylee and Brody terribly and were happy to see as much of them as we did.

Lydia has had a cold for pretty much the month of December but was finally starting to feel better and was back to her old cheesy self.


Emma LOVED having a dog in the house, someone who was her eye level and maturity level. Thanks so much for a great Holiday Lee!
I challenged everyone to come up with a great quote for the year and here were some of my favorites. Take which ever applies to you :)
"2009, not so kind. 2010, coming around the bend." Matt Tipping
"2009, was all mine. 2010, let's do it all again." Mike Jensen
"2010, two more years 'til the end." Brody Hatch
"2010, hope I don't get fat again." Jamie Casperson
Happy New Year!!
My photo a day challenge is struggling, but at least I'm trying. That post to come soon.


2 comments:

Lee said...

Love the post- love the picts- love that it was mostly about my family :)

Carrie said...

Your costumes rock! I could never find the attire for a party like that. I think it's a fabulous idea though. I love that EVERYONE went all out. my little chant{more parties, more parties}

How is Lydia? Poor lil' girl!