Friday, January 15, 2010

a photo a day keeps the blues away


This is Ryan helping me start to make some party favors for Emma's 4th birthday coming up. You might be thinking.... "Isn't her birthday not until March?" Although that is true, you never can be too prepared. Plus I'm planning quite the special little party, so it will be easier AND cheaper if I start preparing now. These are little Alice in Wonderland necklaces that Ryan is making.
We spend a LOT of time in the kitchen. I have loved having my mom's Bosch to make home made bread and cookies with. I never really 'baked" before, but now I love it. Perhaps it is b/c I have so much time on my hands.
Also, Emma LOVES to dance. I will have music playing while I cook and she will run upstairs and put on a "dancing costume (thanks Stacey) and be back before the first chorus even comes.
Lydia still bathes in her little blue tub that I put in the kitchen sink. It's nice not to have to bend over a full size tub yet. Plus she likes to just soak while I do this dishes or sweep the floor.



I got a new camera for Christmas! It's a Canon rebel xsi....love it! Now....if only I knew how it worked. It came with a book for dummies on this specific model, and so I am finding time to play around with it when I can. My photo shop is down so I had to edit these with picasa (boo!)
and I notice a lot of "noise" in the images, so I will need to figure that out. Anyway, this is our most recent day to day report.

8 comments:

Kylee said...

does a photo a day mean there will be a blog post a day?! I'm so excited for this. I love seeing what you guys are up to from day to day so keep it up! (ps, don't dis picasa, some of us don't have a choice.... :D jk)

Jamie Jo said...

Ditto to Kylee on Picasa. Did you color Emma's hair black? And, how and where are you making those photo collages?

Stacey said...

I will have to be the cookie judge. Remember to watch the amt of four that goes in. Too much, dry, too little flat and greasy, too long, hard. Hope all that baking and snow doesn't get you into a naughty cycle. Just stay off cheese and you're good to go! Emma looks ADORABLE...as always!

Stacey said...

I meant to write FLOUR, not four.

Jennifer Anderson said...

Lindsey_
Thank you so much for the incredibly sweet comment on my blog! Congrats on your new baby girl. Your girls are both adorable and you are such a creative person! Very inspiring. Thank you for those 2 links as well. Now I am drooling over Julie Parker's photography. :)

Lee said...

Love the picts! So colorful and fun. I love that you're getting into baking- my favorite thing! It's the bosch that does it I think. . .

Annie said...

I like Ry's hair! And what a beautiful kitchen you are working in:)You're still rocking it with the pics!

Carrie said...

Love the little things. We are "livin' the dream", aren't we! I am getting that printed in vinyl. Love the dancing picts and the ones of Emma in the snow. the "noise" is your ISO...if ya want to call me I will explain it(: