Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fresh hair cut, fresh attitude






















I have had the same hair cut for the last 15 years now. Sometimes I would cut it short, or I got a perm once, or sometimes I curl it, highlights maybe once every couple years, but mostly this is how my hair looks. Long, black, straight. BORING. After having my babies my hair has these funky little short frizzy hairs across my forehead that forces me to keep it clipped back in a bobby pin. So I grew tired of my awkward hair line and decided to go for it and do something different. I can't believe how much bangs changes my whole face, but I welcome the change. I definitely look younger, but now at an age where looking younger isn't a big deal. I don't love the photo below of me, but it's a good comparison.




So with my fresh new hair cut I decided to change my stressed outlook and just make the very most of these next 8 days. I am going to pack us up, find a place to live, and check off a summer's worth of goals in the matter of one week. So last night we all sat out by the fire and I intend to do that every night that it's not raining. Lydia loves being outside and it was such a nice night.





Ryan found this little nest and really wants us to take the eggs as a decoration. I forbid it! That little mommy worked so hard on her nest and I can't take her babies. Mom, don't even ask where this nest is, I won't tell you until the eggs are hatched.

This is just one of the views we will be saying good-bye to.









Yesterday I finally made this orange cupcakes happen for Emma. I have wanted to do these forever and I kept putting them off, but there is no time like the present. Get an orange, cut it in half, scoop out the insides, pour yellow cake batter in one of the halves, put the top back on, wrap in tin foil, place over fire pit coals for thirty minutes, then eat and enjoy.



















Also on my Summer Cram List I was able to bike with Emma down to the valley market to buy some treats and groceries...had a midnight hot tub soak...and made some new bows for the girls in preparations for our family photo. A very good day yesterday!
Still wanting to....
kayak at Causey
Eat at Harley and Bucks
Eat at Eats of Eden
Have friends join us down at the river to throw rocks
Have family picture on the property
Run with Emma down at the track
Bike with the girls every day
Have photo shoot of Emma and Lydia on the property
Have a candle light picnic dinner in Sherwood forest
One last BBQ with my sisters and family on the property before we move
Bike around Pine view lake
hike along the pine view lake trial with Emma

13 comments:

Kylee said...

Ahh that's a lot of stuff to do in such a small amount of time! I wish I could to more to help. But I'm glad you are still able to blog about the things you are doing. I LOVE love love the bangs. I think they look GREAT on you!! I'm glad I could help talk you into doing that.

Lee said...

Cute bangs Lins! It's a totally different look for you. Way to be brave and just do it! I love your list of to-do things. Too bad packing has to be there too- It's really sad that there will be no more Liberty fun. . .

Jamie Jo said...

I love the bangs! You should have them from now on. I've been tempted to cut mine as well. This is the longest I've ever gotten mine grown out to, and so part of me thinks I need to ride it out to one length. But the other part thinks I have a giant forehead. Also, I never do my hair in anything but a pony, so does it matter one way or the other? Enjoy your 8 days. Believe me, there are way bigger things in life to stress over--make your move an adventure!

Valerie: said...

love the bangs...do you have to straighten them with a flat iron or is your hair naturally that straight? Good luck with the move...i hear ya it stinks and i am dreading it when we have to do it in July.

Annie said...

every girl should cut some bangs. i'm serious. you look great. but both ways work for you. however there is nothing like change to boost the spirits.

i WILL find that nest!

Carrie said...

Super cute change!! I think you can totally pull it off. I can't do bangs. I want you to stay close by. Wish I was around to check off your list with you. . .good luck with the move!

JaNae said...

I love the bangs, but then again I've had bangs for most of my life! It's a nice change:-) Looks great on you.

Stacey said...

Yes, love the 2nd bang picture. The oranges look neat. Remind me to try that because I know I"ll forget! Let me know where you end up!

Vonnie said...

Great new look! Good luck over this next week. I'm sure you'll fall into bed exhausted every night, but just keep a smile on your face :)

SaraPete said...

Linny, you look HOT!! Are you seriously gonna try and do that whole list in 1 week? You might have to start waking up before 10am! We would love to come up for one last bbq & fire if the offer stands???

SaraPete said...

Wait a minute....I thought you removed the comment option???

Jord said...

Cute bangs! Maybe I want some now... Good luck doing all that you have to do. I"m sure you can pull it off.

Darren and Traci said...

Way cute bangs, I love them on you! I hope you're being able to get around to your long list and the needed packing! So have you guys figured out where you're going?