Friday, May 28, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray!

Wow! It has been quite the journey in mine and Ryan's life from last summer to this summer. I'm not going to lie, last year was a VERY HARD year for us. But we hung in there, and in the matter of one year we had a new baby girl, Ryan got a new job, we sold our old home, got out of debt, and as of today we are the confirmed prospective owners of a house we are just beside ourselves excited about. I must give ALL the credit to God AND also to my parent's for helping us make the most of every opportunity life has to offer. I am so thankful for the humility I have learned, along with so many other things. So without further adieu, here is the new place we will call home.

Now let me just say a couple things about this property. We bought it for the location, the neighborhood, the schools, the yard (potential) and the generous garage and storage space. The house is actually kind of funky and a little on the small side of things being only 3 bedrooms and all. However there are 3 family rooms and so we can put those to good use. Oh, and also, it REEKS of cat urine. Yeah, we have our work cut out for us. But it's ours (or will be soon) and we couldn't be filled with more gratitude on this day.
We did a counter battle with the bank back and forth six times before we finally came to an agreement, but sadly, we came out on top, even with all we have to update and remodel, and CLEAN!

All of the houses back a common green belt area which I adore. I'll pay for it in HOA, but I like not being all boxed in. The houses we liked in Syracuse were very nice, but you could reach out and touch your neighbors house, we don't roll like that. The front porch can be quite charming if done just right, and the yard needs a lot of initial efforts but will be pretty cheap to get looking it's best. I love that it has two back decks and ivy growing up the side of the house. This is just such a step up from our last home....at least in charming features, but not in quality so much.

To celebrate our long awaited good news we went to Ruby River and enjoyed a gift card a friend had given me. Then we stopped by RC Willey to price out new carpet.....bleh! Let the expenses begin.






















My mom who is the QUEEN of moving taught me a little handy trick when I watched her move out of Liberty....GARBAGE BAGS! Genius! I have what I like to call "quirks." My family calls them disorders but I try to steer clear of that line of thinking. Anyway, one of my quirks is that I can't stand cardboard, the feel of it, the sound of it, that film it leaves on your hands, but most of all, writing with a permanent marker on top of a cardboard box...I won't do it. So this time with moving I put all of our bedding, clothes, towels, etc., in garbage bags and I bought actual labels for all of our bags and boxes. Ahhhhhhhh, life is good now that I found a remedy to satisfy my "quirks."

14 comments:

Annie said...

My black masquera is still smeared under my eyes for crying tears of joy! That house looks sweet in your picture:) I will probably wake up in the middle of the night still laughing about the cardboard. Just when you think you know someone.LOL

Kami said...

I think your house is going to be so cute! Love that it's not typical house you see everyday! So if you are looking for carpet, you should try lowes! When we did our basement, they had the EXACT same carpet that they had at the Contractor carpet store at 1/2 the price, and they will give you at least 10% off the price listed as well. SO worth looking! Congrats on the fun new house!

Cami said...

I am so happy for you guys. It has been a year of whirl winds for several of us! Remember if you need help painting I'm your girl! I feel the same way about news paper. I hate the smell, feel and it totally leaves my hands feeling gooky!

Jamie Jo said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. That house looks really cool. I can't wait to se it on Monday!

Erin said...

I can not wait to see what you have in store for this house! I LOVE the look of it and LOVE the yard...I bet those girls of yours will enjoy running/playing for hours!! How exciting!!

PS. I am LOVIN' the hair. So cute!!

Kylee said...

Ahhh your house is so cute!! Or will be when your done with it I should say. I'm SO excited! Here's another moving tip if you're interested: but ONLY if you think you'll move around a few more times in your life. Invest in those big tupperware containers from wal-mart that are $4. We bought about 20 last time and we'll keep collecting more each time we move, but they're great because you don't have to worry about them ripping, they stack well, they don't make weird noises and so on. Also, when you're done moving, you can just stack them inside each other and they won't take up a lot of room. Just a thought. :)

Lee said...

Holy cow! Your house is way cooler than I had imagined! i'm so excited for you guys. You know we're on call to help w/ whatever you need. I'll warm my paint brush up? So funny about your cardboard quirk. Haha

tutus n bowties said...

WOW! Awesome updates! I was very behind with the Bundy news. I'm so happy to hear that you found an adorable home and also that you got bangs. I'm a fan of bangs and you totally rock the look!

Jeff and Susan said...

Super jealous for sure!!!! But also way excited for you guys! Projects like that are so worth it in the end!

Stacey said...

It looks so adorable from the pictures. Can't wait to see what your magical touch does to the inside. Think you'll be there for awhile? I LOVE that I can pass real estate books and not want to grab one to look at something I might want to move to or go through. I LOVE that I'm in my forever home and I it's my absolute dream home! I hope this is for you too!

JaNae said...

Congrats!!! I was so excited to hear your offer was accepted. I'm so excited for you guys.

Dan and Julie Fisher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

What a beautiful home!! I'm excited to see more pictures as you finish your projects. Good luck and congrats!!

Mikael said...

I am drooling!!!!!!!!!!! That home is beautiful!!!!!!!! I am SO with you on the "reach out and touch your neigbors home" that is like us right now. It is buggin me. I hope to be outa this house in the next 5 yrs and into something with more character and A LOT more LAND!!!!!!!!
You are blessed. oh, and I LOVE your family pics and your hair. wow, you are just so perfecty adorable!!!