Monday, May 10, 2010

Spring catch up



















Lydia has become more mischievous than ever. She loves to crawl into tight places, she puts anything and everything into her mouth, and she has mastered the art if silently disappearing as I run through the house to find her. I know she is just a baby, but she can sit so still and quiet and finds the best hiding spots that it really does give me a fright for a moment when I don't know where she is.

We try to have a "Family Night" every weekend. A couple weekends ago we went to see our friends, the Millets, who had just had their first baby girl, Brecklyn. Then afterwards we went to Pizza Factory where Lydia enjoyed every bite of her cinnamon sugar breatstick. Then we headed to the mall to try to find Bundy something new, but no dice. So we settled for our most favorite, favorite ice-cream ever....cotton candy from TCBY!! Made my day!

I tried something new with Emma's hair. I stumbled upon this concept by mistake but loved how it worked out when I did it on purpose. Bless her heart for sleeping with all those buns on top of her head. Sure turned out cute for church.
We went up to my parent's house last week for Ryan to work in Logan for a couple of days. My mom is such a good hostess. She had our bed turned down, with a magazine and blinders on our pillows. Then by the side of our bed was some fresh made cookies, treats, and a little cup of water for each of us. My parent's fridge never has much food in it, but I do love how my mom makes room for there to always be fresh flowers sitting where the food should be ;)


For Christmas this year we did a "service" white elephant game. I won the service of bringing up 4 of my friends to have dinner at my parent's house. So invited my old "foofs" group. Foofs stands for Focus On Our Friends. We enjoyed a yummy Mexican Haystack dinner and then my mom gave us a great little housekeeping seminar, complete with demonstrations and handouts. Thanks mom! You're the best! Oh, and that's my friend Holly in the middle. She is 8 months pregnant, and you can't even tell!





These photos are just random photos. We had a ward reunion of our old marrieds ward with our first Bishopric whom I just ADORE! Anyone close to me know how much Ryan and I loved our ward there. It was so fun to see the Bishopric and a lot of our old friends. It's been 4 years now but I still have such fond memories of those times. The photos of Emma and the little girls are of her and some of her old nursery friends.
I like to drive with Ryan in his work truck b/c Lydia can sit up front in between Ryan and I and I love sitting by her in the car. She is such a ham bone. Emma likes taking the truck too, why, I'm not sure, but it works for us. We only take it when Ryan drives to Logan for work and drops me at my parent's house, but it is something out of the norm and makes it fun for the whole famdamily.
We've loved living up in Liberty as the snow has begun to melt. The hot tub is still divine and we love going down to the river to throw rocks whenever we get the chance. Emma loves to ride with Ryan on the lawn mower and I love letting Emma play outside ALL day and not worrying about her safety.







A couple weeks ago we had my parents and my uncle Paul up for dinner. It was so nice to visit with them and we all enjoyed a trip to the river bottoms and then a nice hot tub soak. Oh how I wish Paul lived closer, but it was nice to see him, even if just for the weekend.








8 comments:

Kylee said...

Awesome review! I'm so excited to see you and your family, I can hardly wait!!

Nicole Jackson said...

Glad to see comments again! Emma's hair is awesome and you always have such cleaver ideas! Look like all is well! Happy Spring!

Annie said...

Kid, I love the collage skills you possess. And I love your long posts with tons of pictures. No life of quiet desperation here!

Lee said...

Sweet post! I loved hearing about everything and seeing the picts. Lydia is looking too grown up all of the sudden. I love that she hides from you. Haha At least it's not you, the mom doing that to your children. Like someone we know. . .

Stacey said...

Why all those pictures so cute? Why did this comment not show up just now when I published it? I want you and Jessica to be my hair mentors. Enjoy Liberty while you can!

Stacey said...

Why everyone so adorable? Why your life so fun? Gobble these days on the compound up now and take loads of pictures. It's true...they do get less :< Let's do hair when you come....you and Jess can be my mentors.

tutus n bowties said...

Your mom is the queen of hosting. I'm just dying to see her know house. What a fun idea to do with your friends. I'm sure that just loved it. We should get together when the Ky and Brod get back!!

Holls said...

Haha, good one! Yes you can too tell I'm pregnant. Your nice. Thanks again for driving us all up to your mom's house.I had such a good time!