Friday, May 21, 2010

Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, gooood-bye

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! We're moving!
















My parents got an offer on their house (yeah!) but the catch is that they wanted to close in two weeks. Which means we are now down to 10 days left for us to find a place of our own. It wouldn't be too difficult if we knew exactly what we were looking for, but unfortunately we don't. Schools and neighborhood are a BIG deal to me. I don't want to rush into the house just b/c of our time dilemma. So for now there is a short sale home in north Ogden we will be pursuing but it causing me more anxiety then I anticipated. If that falls through then there is a town home we will rent in Brigham City (so I can be close to my family) while we look for something in North Ogden area or we are now really liking the Syracuse area. I am just a BIG planner, not knowing is KILLING me! But oh well, like the phrase says "the show must go wrong" ;) I mean..uh..the show must go on. Also, I have sold most of our furniture on KSL. I am no longer lugging around furniture with me JUST because we have it. It's not THAT expensive, especially when I can sell off some of what we own. So far I have sold my bed set which included my kind bed (not mattresses) armoir, dresser, night stand. Also I have sold a love seat, our huge outdated tv, and our kitchen table. I am still waiting to hear back on our couch and chairs, but I am not as desperate to get rid of those. So a lot going on for us right now. Oh, and to top off all there is to do...both of our cars have the check engine light on, the Jeep needs new tires and needs to have tags and registration done by next week. Super.


Emma had her little dance recital last night. It was darling and PERFECT for her little age group. Cheap monthly tuition, affordable costumes, and no recital fee. I am very happy with it, but I will say that you get what you pay for. Assuming we don't move too far away I might even drive up to the valley to bring her back next year, we'll see. The highlight for Emma....having her dad buy her a very special rose. She told me "every time I look at that flower I remember how special my dad is and how much he loves me." My dad gave me flowers for Mother's day and that was a highlight of my day as well, I don't know what is with the sentiment but I think a little girl never outgrows the affections of her father.

We enjoyed our Thursday finale shows last night and are looking forward to LOST on Sunday. Wrap it up already, I'm pretty over it, but I will still enjoy every minute of the 4 hours!
Lydia went to the G.I. Dr. for her food allergies and the Dr. was just as baffled as we are. They drew her blood to do some testing for foods and we are waiting to hear back. Lydia's little face is covered in scabby sores and I have tried EVERYTHING! Aquaphor, Cortizone, Vaseline, Eucerin...it's so sad. I am thinking it is a side affect of the food she eats but who knows. That girl still puts EVERYTHING in her mouth, today I pulled out a dead wasp!! Grrrrreat! One more thing to worry about. She is a little snuggle bear and just the best part of my day.
Emma is a little helper and I tell her all day long "what would I do without you?!" It fuels her to be even more helpful and I truly mean it when I gush over what a good girl she is.
One funny thing about Lydia...she LOVES popcorn, just like her dad. She found a piece on the floor and ate it and then whined and whined until I finally figured out she wanted more. What a nerd ;) But Ryan loves their bonding time as she sits so still on his lap just waiting for her next piece.




8 comments:

Cami said...

if you choose Syracuse to live you have to be near my mom's neighborhood. When we lived there I fell in love with there small town feel and they have an AMAZING ward! Plus they do have killer schools which is why I wanted to relocate up there. Good luck though and I hope you get that feeling of this is what you're suppose to do before you jump!

Lee said...

First off, that pict of you and the girls on your post before this one is Darlink. I'm dying for you guys! So much happening! But when it's over, it will all be so good. I'm so sad you don't have answers abt Lydia! Bummer. Cute abt the popcorn- but not so cute w/ the wasp! Yikes- Emma looked adorable in her costume. What a sweet dancer girl. Oh, and LOST is 4 1/2 hours, plus the cast is on Jimmy Kimmel that night, so that's another hour! Sweet

Annie said...

I'm so sorry to have missed her recital. I loved it when you girls were in dance...as you know! Can't wait to see where you land in ten days:)

Valerie: said...

good luck on the move!! Are you trying to buy a house then? I am scared for when we get to that point in life. Big decision. So are you by Huntsville?

Stanford Family said...

Your girls are so cute!!! I love Emma's dance costume. So about the moving situation, you should move to Hooper! Great neighborhood and schools. Just an idea! Well, good luck with everything. Keep in touch!

Kylee said...

I'm still freaking out inside for you guys. I hope everything works out and the one good thing about not know, is it won't last for long!! Hopefully you'll just be so busy that you won't have time to worry about it and everything will just quietly fall into place. Also, for some reason, I love the picture of Ryan and the girls on the couch. It made me laugh. They look caught off guard by the picture and Bundy is just laughing eating his popcorn.

Kylee said...

**not knowING. Sorry, I should proof read before I publish it, not after.

Carrie said...

just don't got far!(;