Friday, August 13, 2010

Farewell to Paradise


















I have some great blog posts coming up about the changes in our lives, but I can't move onto those until I have a tribute to my time spent at my parent's new house in Paradise. I lived there from June 1st-July 28th....four weeks longer than anticipated. I loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF IT. Being the youngest I have spent many years being alone with my parents, I LOVE having them all to myself and it was so nice to draw strength from them. They have the most peaceful spirit about their home and themselves and I just soaked up as much of it as I could.


















I also love the insane amount of family I saw during my stay there. That will never happen again, but I loved the week day pop-ins and I know Emma was in cousin heaven. The views and weather were just so pleasant and I'm glad I was able to transition into this new life they have started and let go of being sad they sold (or are trying to) Liberty.




















What I will miss:
Fresh flowers in the fridge
an endless supply of diet green tea
Lydia asking for Papa first thing in the morning
Emma not waking me up in the mornings (sorry parents, but at least I enjoyed it :)
Maple Bar doughnuts from Macy's
Having breakfast on the patio
The best hot tub ever made
The softest and highest quality carpet
Feeling like a kid again in the coziness of my parent's feathered nest

What I won't miss:
cement floors
tile floors
stone corners
a super duper heavy sliding patio door that the kids can't open themselves
being locked out while hot tubbing
the chirping birds in the morning
the hay fields agitating my allergies



Thanks mom and dad for all you have done for me. It might not seem like much to you, but it has made all the difference to me. I love you!