Thursday, November 11, 2010

Before and after...it's about hmm hmmm time!

This was our office/play room "Before"
























Bundy and Millet had to rip out that stove and tear out that tile flooring
















AFTER
















I absolutely adore our office table. It started out because it was going to be the most affordable. In the end, I wouldn't have changed anything, even if I had some money to throw down on a nice desk. The chairs are from a garage sale and I painted and reupholstered them myself.







































I doubt anyone will notice, but just in case...I am aware that two candles are missing from my candle holder. Lydia is a master of "hiding" things. So we have been on the hunt for these candles for days. Still no luck. But I have put this post off long enough, so I went ahead without them in there.
















This ladder shelf has finally become reality for me. My friend Cami and I were in Dear Lizzie's and I saw a wooden pink ladder for $150. That's all it was...no shelf, nothing special. So the wheels in my tiny head got turning. And VOILA!! Don't mean to be all braggy, but come on, this shelf turned out cuter then even I had hoped for.































On to the kitchen. I didn't even get good BEFORE photos. But the truth is, not much has changed. I cleaned the cabinets, freshened the stain, put lines on the inside shelves, Ryan added cabinet hardware, and we got new light fixtures, appliances, and painted three walls green. Actually, wait, that is a lot of change. It's not nearly as much as we had hoped when we were first making offers on this home. But reality strikes again, and counters and cabinets will have to be put off for a project in the not so near future.
BEFORE

















































AFTER
















So I started phase one of decorating for Christmas. So some things do have Christmas decor in the background but I'm not quite ready to start my Christmas posts, so just pretend they're not there.

















































































Dining area BEFORE
















I had to remove all of that wallpaper. Sadly it was my first of many walls to do a half ace job in tearing off the paper. Below is the wall after I had removed the paper.

















AFTER
















The photo below is at the other end of the dining area. The dresser was an Annie reject that is perfect for storing sheets and extra towels.























This is our back patio BEFORE
















AFTER

Eh, these pictures aren't anything special. We didn't change anything out there. Just added some patio furniture and a water fountain and enjoyed eating out there EVERY SINGLE meal out there. I think we ate out there last Saturday, on the freaky warm November weekend. Sadly, it will be our last for the year. This is one of those features that we didn't even realize we would love and use as much as we do. Possibly my favorite part about this house.












































8 comments:

Kylee said...

Oh yay! Just what I've been waiting for! Sorry if I was the only one pushing you for it. I seriously LOVE your house and everything you've done to it. I can't even believe how much better it looks now. You are A-MAZ-ING!!!

Cami said...

So even though I have seen the real thing I have to tell you again that you guys are, as Ky and Brod put it, A-MAZ-ING! Love it Love it Love and that Book Shelf turned out cuter than I had pictured it. Good job!

Vonnie said...

It looks great Lindsey! I can't wait to see it in person some day. I'm so happy for you and Ryan.

Claire said...

I have some questions about the kitchen cabinets: what did you use to stain them, and how did you do it? Ours could use a makeover like that. Agreed, the latter bookshelf is splendid.

Carrie said...

Darling! I just love your whole house. It has "good bones" as you would say, but I give every bit of credit to the decorator. . .I guess Ryan deserves so credit as well, after all he has to do all the dirty work that goes unnoticed a lot of the time. I'm so glad you've done before and afters of every room. That is SO much to be proud of. Believe me, we were there once(oh wait, we still are)
Is it too late to call?

Jessica said...

I am in love with your house!!! Seriously so so cute! And I love that green latter. You are so creative and amazing!

Lee said...

There's no one like you!!!!!!! (except maybe members of your extended family) You are so freaking creative! I love how you see an idea and re-create it even better! LOVE the ladder- where did that play house go? Love the hardware on the cabinets- that's new since last week- you both should be so proud of your accomplishments from turning that dump into a homey, beautiful place!

Claudy said...

Great job!
I'm still in awe with the bookshelf you created. Awesome!