Friday, November 12, 2010

Love me some fabric

















I LOVE fabric. It's so much cuter than any wallpaper design and it isn't the pain and hassle to remove like wallpaper is. To adhere it you just use liquid starch. To remove it you simply peel it off and wipe the walls with a wet cloth. It would be ideal for walls in a rented house or apartment. I like it so I can change it up when the mood strikes me without feeling committed to something permanent like wallpaper.

Above photo- Girl's bathroom
Below photo- Hanging hoops above Lydia's crib








































Above- dresser in Emma's room
Below- Chairs in office. I bought the fabric online and when it arrived I realized it didn't match the green chairs. So I actually just spray painted the green on the fabric to be the exact same color as I spray painted the chairs. I'm a little surprised myself that it worked. I have a whole other post that I can do on the joys of rattle can paint.





















































The chandelier photo is a great example of what Wal-Mart can do for you. I bought the light fixture for $34 from Wal-mart online. Then I added new shades from Hobby Lobby and added some fabric to the base of the lamps. Easy cheesy.
The kitchen fabric was a solution to a problem, but in the end it worked out great. That wall had wall paper on it in which I did a poor job of removing it, then I made the mistake of priming on top of that with an oil based primer. So we were left with a rough, bumpy wall that would have looked awful if I painted it. What to do? What to do? Fabric to the rescue again!

11 comments:

The Ballard's said...

You are amazing. I love all your projects!!

Annie said...

This post made my day. I love seeing all the before and afters. You are surely amazing and have such a talent in the nesting arena. Can't wait to see the official Christmas decor.

Kylee said...

I am freaking out at how dang creative you are! I'm also freaking out at how many new posts you've been pumping out.. loving it! Also, I wish I knew about this fabric thing a year ago when we moved in. Although we did move out 7 months later for Prague. Would it be hard to do an entire wall from floor to ceiling?

Jessica said...

I love the fabric thing!!! That is so cool and it looks so great in your house. You are amazing, I wish I could be you!

Darren and Traci said...

I've missed so many of your posts. You are so creative with your ideas and they turn out so well. Your house is turning out so cute. I love the spaciousness of your kitchen, all that counter space is awesome. So the fabric on your walls in the bathroom... does the steam from showers not cause it to come away from the wall? That is such a super smart idea.

Lee said...

Ya, easy cheesy for YOU- not necessarily for other people. Love the fabric idea, and the chandiler. You should do your own decorating ideas blog.

Jeff and Susan said...

go lindsey!! holy cow your blog is fun to look at, it makes me want to fix a house up again!

Jord said...

What! Fabric rocks for sure. I'm already looking for places where I can put it. Does it work on textured walls though? Mine are very textured so maybe it wouldn't stick. Your house is so lovely, I'll need to see it in person soon.

Sami Lichfield said...

This is so creative, I love it! You're just amazing. And by the way, your house looks great!! so cute:)

tutus n bowties said...

LOVE the cute house! I need to come for a visit. I'm still dying over the fabric on the wall...who knew! Also, love the update on the photo blog. Super cute pics!

Jackie Greenwood said...

You are soooooo talented!! Your house looks amazing!! Hope all is well.