Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy 30th to me!!
























My family was so good to let me take three days to celebrate my birthday this year. I think some people think it is fun to have your birthday fall on a Holiday...but let me tell you, it's not fun. As a wife and mother you put everyone else first...so one day a year you want to have a day to yourself to not feel guilty about doing whatever you want. But guess what, on a Holiday, people have plans, there are traditions to be fulfilled, and businesses are usually closed or crowded. So this year we just did a little something extra fun for three days to make up for the Holiday.
Wednesday I started by cleaning the house really good and doing all the laundry, I mean how could I enjoy the Holiday weekend if I knew I had all of that waiting for me at home. Then I went to get my hair colored...nothing special, just cover up the greys. That's right. I have a FULL head of gray hair. Started going gray at 15 and have been coloring for the last 5 years or so. After a fresh color we dropped the girls with the Jensens and met my parents for the most delightful dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Elements. Every single bite was heavenly and Ryan and I love having my parents to ourselves and enjoyed visiting, uninterrupted. Then we went back to the Jensens for games and visiting before heading back up to my parents house with the girls to spend the night.
Thursday, Thanksgiving, actual 30th birthday-
Ryan and I slept in, which we LOVE to do. Then we left the girls with my parents while we went to see Harry Potter. There were no lines to wait in and we got into the theater for free. I didn't even have to force him to sneak in with me, we were totally honest about it and it paid off. That is one good thing about having a Holiday birthday, people usually let things slide. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the movie!! I'm not a crier, but if I was there is no doubt I would have shed some tears. The book series is the best ever. Twilight was fun and all, but PALES in comparison to this series. When we came out of the theater I meant to mention my car had been decorated with balloons and a birthday poster from the Jensens, I meant to take a photo but it was 4 degrees out and I didn't feel up to it. All I could concentrate on was getting in the car. Thanks again Jensens!



















After the movie my mom made a very fancy dinner for just the 4 of us. It was my sisters turns with their in-laws so we'll do our turkey dinner Sunday. Later in the evening my sister Sara and her husband Cody came over and we put our kids to bed and then had delicious appetizers, opened gifts, and played wii bowling. The six of us all lived together for the year 2003, and it was fun to hang out again sans kids like in the good old days ;) I really did have such a great day and so very much appreciate the gestures and birthday wishes that friends and family gave me.
















Okay. So after everyone started going to bed at midnight I got a call from my sister saying Wal-mart was a mad house. So Ryan and I hopped in the car and rushed down there. We expected it to be like this...(the collage with the red border)
But when we got there it was insanely crowded, but definitely manageable. This store was open 24 hours so you didn't have to wait outside. Until about 2:00 there were long lines at the registers, but after that it was a ghost town. We were there, waiting until 5 a.m. for a 50 inch TV. There were 19 available. In the end...after waiting for five hours, it was us and four other people. Yeah. We could have slept in until 7 and still probably got our hands on one. Oh well. It was my first experience with black Friday, and I have no intention of doing it again anytime soon, so it was memorable.





































After getting 3.5 hours of sleep I woke up this morning and joined my mom and two sisters for the Logan High School boutique. I found some really cute items and am rather pleased with the deals I got. I am pleased to discover that I am starting to outgrow the notion of "Oh I can totally make that myself." I actually bought a few hair bows and head bands, that's a big deal for me. I also got the CUTEST pink flamingo marionette puppet for the girls that I am tickled about. PLUS on my way out I saw someone selling butter beer! It's a Harry Potter thing and I just had to try some. It lived up to it's reputation and then just for fun I washed it down with a frozen chocolate covered banana. Then lunch at Indian Oven (another favorite) and on home. Such a fun, fun weekend!! We ended our evening by watching Inception on our new t.v. :) I'm so thankful to be alive, have great health, for my sweet little family, my extended family, and all of my friends. It's great to be me :)

4 comments:

Kylee said...

Thanks for all the details! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful, awesome birthday celebration (although I do sort of wish I could have been there... oh well, I won't think about it too much) I'm glad you found a good deal on a TV- sucks you had to wait all night for it though. And I'm also glad you feel the same way about harry potter that I do. You look gorgeous in all your pictures and I'm just so happy that you had a good birthday. I can't wait to see you in 3 weeks!!!!

Lee said...

You did do great details for your BD! Sanks! I loved it all. You do look gorgeous in all the picts- love the butterbeer- glad you found some cute things at Novemberfest- LOVE your BD decorations- way to go Annie and Trace! Oh, and I did take some picts of your decorated car---that was so fun to do!

Annie said...

I love your new hair style! Tracers balloon ceiling was one of my favorites about your day. Glad you weren't disappointed too much with having your birthday fall on a holiday.

Stacey said...

What a fun Bday post. Although I did get you two presents it wasn't in my head that it was for your
30th. Good Grief. Those were great pics and good memories to go along with it. I don't recall Hermoines red dress in the movie. What scene was that from? Oh, the wedding, that's right.