Monday, January 10, 2011

Photo a day challenge

My friend Carrie inspired me last year by completing the "Photo a Day Challenge." I decided this year to have this be one of my goals. I know it will take some getting used to, and will be a time commitment, but I think it is a worthy project. So here we go. This isn't a great way to start off, but at least it's something :)



We had a fabulous New Year's Eve, filled with a sealing, brunch, reception, clean up, and then headed on over to a fabulous New Year' party at my parent's house. The little girls have been hauled around town and thrown off their schedules with all the Holiday events that by the time New Year's Day came around Lydia couldn't fight it any longer and spent most of the day sleeping.



Sunday my parents came out and joined us for dinner. Afterwards I showed them the video I made Ryan for Christmas. I tried to upload it, but our Internet is lame and after thirty minutes I gave up. So this day, sadly, has no photo.


January 2nd- No photo (I'm still new at this concept of a photo a day)





It is definitely winter outside!


I volunteered in Emma's pre-school class. Goodness me, I learned two things. One, it takes a special person to purposefully choose to teach little children all day. Two, the difference between boys and girls is almost frightening.
Emma, Lydia and I drove all the way to Lehi for me to buy various KSL items, one of which includes me new camera. Along the way we stopped at IKEA for the girls to play and us to have lunch with the Johnson girls. IKEA has got it going on!! Wish I had one close to us.



Spent a large portion of the day editing my cousins wedding photos.


For FHE we set goals for all of us, weekly and in the next year. Emma did a great job meeting all her goals so we had a mommy/daughter date night. These photos don't show it, but she was more excited than if it were her birthday. We ran errands and went to Olive Garden. I truly had a great time with her and just can't get over what a friendly, loving little girl she is.



I'm still new at this photo a day thing so it will take me a while to actually getting my camera out. Saturday night we went to my parents for a yummy, yummy dinner and then the Caspersons came up for a game of Zarahemla and hot tubbing. Great week to start the year!

5 comments:

Lee said...

Love the photo of the day challenge! I can't wait! LOVE the edited wedding picts! I can't wait to get my hands on all of them! I'm waiting to do a post about it until Jessica gets a chance- it's only right. Love the sleeping pict of Lydia and your fun date w/ Emma. So cute.

Kylee said...

I'm so excited for a photo a day!! What a great idea. I love seeing all the little things you are up to throughout each day of the week. Makes me feel not so far away. :)

tutus n bowties said...

What a fun idea! I think my daily pictures would be pretty lame, so maybe when I have kids I will try that one out.

Erin said...

Love your photos so I can not WAIT to see what you come up with for your photo a day challenge. I also am doing this challenge this year (I failed miserably last year) so I am determined to accomplish it this year! I made a private blog to document this, so if you want an invite (so we can hopefully inspire each other for ideas!) let me know!

PS. I want to be part of your family. You are always up to something fun and fabulous :)

Jessica said...

What a great idea! I love those pictures that you edited! Can't wait to see the rest. I'll have to hurry and do a blog post so that my mom can do one, thanks mom-- although I really don't care!