Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Locks of Love


My friend Holly and I take turns running the car pool for pre-school. It is fabulous not to drive both ways. Plus, it makes Emma so excited watching out the window for them to come. Here she is off to hop in their car.

Lydia is the sweetest little love bug. She absolutely adores "Jethus." She can spot Him anywhere and LOVES to look at His pictures. Her most favorite thing ever is to watch the most beautiful video of him called Come See the Light. It's on every day in our house, and she likes to watch it over and over again.

All men have strengths, but I must say that I wouldn't trade my husbands for anything. Bundy is a fixer. He can and does fix anything and everything. My chi had finally given up the ghost, but not to worry, Bundy was on it. The cords had actually come detached from the plug, I don't even know how one would go about mending those, but Ry did it, and now I'm back in business.

For Christmas Ryan got me this hair crimper that I adore. I use it all the time on myself (when I actually get ready) and about every day on Emma. We call it mermaid hair.
Family Night we went and saw Narnia and then followed it with a game of Jenga. Emma is actually pretty good at it, especially considering how clumsy she can be sometimes.


My sister Sara surprised us all and flew my sister Stacey in for our girls night weekend. Me and my mom and sisters are RARELY together, just the five of us. I can't remember the last time we were. There are usually kids or husbands lurking in the background. It was so nice to spend time together and we really made sure it was quality and made up for lost time. I have two sisters that look alike, Stacey and Sara, we call them the twins. They are the same size, sound the same, dress the same, everything. Then my oldest sister Jamie and I are much more alike, personality, hair, etc. It's fun that way :) P.S. Stacey has a huge salad with every meal, and loads of salt. I think it's so funny, hence the photo.
We haven't been going to my parents every Sunday like we used to, but I sure love it when we do. This was just a typical Sunday evening....Lydia loving up on Papa and Annie (my parents who do not go by grandma and grandpa) playing cards, and wall ball and four square in the gym.
My sweetest little Emma has a heart of gold. One day when I was getting the tangles out of her hair and she was crying I told her how some little girls don't have any hair. She said she could cut hers off and give it to them. So we let her hair grow out until it was long enough to donate. VOILA! The time had come. A little bit of me died inside when the first chunk was cut off. But I have to say how VERY sick I am of tangles, hair washing, curling, clips, pony tails, etc. It will be nice to have a break. Definitely I will grow it back out again, but for now I am happy that some other little girl can enjoy Emma's thick hair.

15 comments:

Annie said...

aaaahhhhhh. So sweet of Miss Em. She looks older! But still as cute as a button. I love that it is over with so the growing out can commense:)

Wasn't it the best weekend ever with Stacey here?

Carrie said...

I showed Addi Emma's hair and she wants to do hers TODAY! She looks adorable! So much fun for summer too(;

She also just informed me that Emma needs to come and play today??? Let me know

Paul and Staci said...

Darling hair Emma!!

Kylee said...

Ahhhhhh I'm dying!! I loved Emma's long hair, but of course she still looks just as adorable!! And I can't imagine what a pain it was for you to fix everyday. She's such a sweet girl. I'm glad you had a fun girls night, that's awesome you could all be together! I also love that Lydia loves Jethus so much. And good job Bundy for fixing the Chi! I too love that about him because I think it rubs off on Brody a little :) I just love your whole family so much!

SaraPete said...

I am sooo sick of my hair, I wouldn't mind cutting it like Emma's too! It is so cute and she for sure looks older! Grow it back long and then cut it again like that for more locks of love!

Jamie Jo said...

I think Sara would look way cute with that cut! Do it Biggie. I am curious to know if in week you will still think that short hair is easy to do, or if blow drying and straightening takes just as long.

Lee said...

I'm in mourning over the long hair that's gone- sorry, I just can't get on board w/ the A-line (and just so you know, that's Mike's most hated hair style ever- he's threatened divorce if I ever do it. . .) that said, of course Emma is still adorable- I mean seriously- she could be bald and be adorable still. But please promise me you'll grow it out? Love that Bundy is a fixer- love it. Mike is that way too, just not to the degree Bundy is- love miss Lydia loving on Jethus. Love that you sisters got some great time together w/o husbands and kids! That's the only way to go!

Shannon Allen said...

Linny, you and your family are so adorable! first of all, I cant believe how handy Ryan is. Seriously, fixing your Chi! And your girls, Emma really is an angel and I love her new hair cut. I have a special love for thumb suckers, Crew did too, and she is so cute! Love the sisters weekend too. Lindsey you are so talented and beautiful and we really need to see each other sometime!

Stacey said...

Now that is some short hair! It's cute on her. It'll take some time to grow too, like 2 years!

BTW You forget, Sara is more with the salt than I am. Don't get me wrong, I have my fair share, but I wouldn't say I LOAD it on....now spinach, you should have seen my salad tonight. Boy howdy!

Valerie: said...

omg that hair cut is cute..it looks like sydney...yeah we have to keep her's short too cause she hates those tangles and London HATES having her hair brushed...poor thing has curly hair that it wont be getting better the older she gets.

Jessica said...

Ah, I cannot believe her hair is gone! I love love long hair on little girls, but she still looks darling of course! And that is so cute of her that she wanted to give it to another little girl. I too love that Lydia loves "jethus". That is so cute of her. I'm glad that stacey got to come so that Brad could meet her. ;) And, I'm sure you guys had a lot of fun with her as well. And also, how fun for Emma to get to go to preschool.

Vonnie said...

Love the new haircut! Here's a shout out for short hair. She looks darling in it and that is so sweet of her to donate her hair for others. Good lesson for a little girl.

Darren and Traci said...

Love all the pics, love the pic of Lydia sucking her thumb watching the movie! So cute.

But on to the big one, Miss Emma's hair! I LOVE it! Of course she has gorgeous hair so she can pull off whatever style. I don't know if I can go back to long hair for Emmie even though she has the most gorgeous thick, beautiful hair. Short hair is a snap. Washing is super fast, I never use a straightener or products on Emmie's hair, just a large round brush and a blow dryer to get rid of bedhead.

So sweet of her to donate it and some little girl will be so lucky to have her awesome locks!

tutus n bowties said...

Oh my gosh her hair is so cute! That's so cute of her to want to do that.

Heather C Taylor said...

Lindsey, I honestly wanted to let you look at my blog but I'm pretty sure I washed it in my jeans (the biggest clue was the wad of paper in my pocket when I put them on today) Please shoot me an email so I have your email to invite you to read! My email is heatherlou88@gmail.com