Sunday, January 16, 2011

Young Love

We spent the weekend at my parents in Cache Valley. I took the opportunity to have an angel photo shoot with Emma. We found an old pioneer house that had stray cats as it's current tenants. The temperature was 6 degrees out and Emma was barefoot and coatless. All worth it if you ask me. She is such a champ to go along with all of my crazy ideas and schemes.

Monday I whipped up a fancy little camera strap. I must give credit to my friend Carrie for providing the inspiration.

As part of our new year we have all set goals for ourselves and our family. One of Emma's is to only watch one show a day. I thought it would be hard on the whole family, but she plays so well and is actually much happier and content throughout the day.

Wednesday we met the Foofs at McDonalds for a lunch date. Something we need to do much more often.

Lydia has a love of her life...Taggy. It is the tag on her beloved blanket. She can't go anywhere without it. She holds the tag in one hand and sucks her thumb with her other. Awww, young love.

Friday we actually had a date night. I didn't manage to take one photo even though I dragged my camera along. So this is a photo of our friends Cody and Holly Stowers who we went out with. They used to frequent my blog and journal much more often, something I hope they'll do again this year.

I worked all day on Saturday and so Ryan had the girls. But lets face it, a lot of sleeping goes on in this house, so really, it's like he only had them for a half day ;)

Sunday we had a nice time getting out of church at noon and just staying home all day. We had a fun family night with pizza, orange julius, popcorn, and a family movie. THIS is just one way that makes us a happy family and is the thing Ryan and I will miss the most when the girls are grown.

9 comments:

Lee said...

Loving the photo a day challenge. Keep em coming! I love that camera strap- yes, we need to do those- Love your Sunday family day-those picts of Lydia at McDonalds make her look so old! Ah! And taggy- that is as good as young love! I hope it works out for you to come this week.

Kylee said...

I also am LOVING the photo a day challenge. I love seeing just everyday pictures where nothing out of the ordinary is going on. I think it's so cute that Lydia loves the tag on her blanket and calls it taggy. For most people, tags are just a nuisance. Maybe the tags on shirts that itch your back won't bother her as she grows up! haha. Keep the pics coming! :)

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

I LOVE that pic of Emma on top that is one of the cutest pics I have ever seen!

Jessica said...

That picture of Emma is to die for!! This makes me want to do a photo a day as well! Maybe after I have kids though, my days are too similar and boring! I also love Lydia and her tag!

tutus n bowties said...

You know I love the angle pics! You have a great model to work with. Little Emma is a natural. I love fun camera straps. My sister-in-law gave me one last fall that she picked up at Swiss Days and it really completes the package.

Annie said...

The picture of our angel should grace the cover of a book someday! I LOVE the photo a day idea and also your new techniques of display. Kid, I need lessons. Also love all thumb suckers!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh.. you're new header picture is to DIE for!!! So cute!

Justin...&...Andrea said...

hey lindsay,

Your little family is so cute! I love being able to check up on you guys since we don't get to see you anymore.
I am doing the project 365 and was wondering how you have been doing your picture with the border and date? I think it looks so good and would like to do that if you don't mind sharing! : )
Hope you guys are doing great!!

Jord said...

The photo a day is a great challenge, and I'm sure you're up to it. What a great way to document the year!