Wednesday, September 15, 2010

8 years bay-be!

Alright, sorry, but the room a day plan is not working out. Sure I could take photos and it would look like everything has come along, but I still need to touch up paint and finalize a few things. I only want to debut a room when I have nothing left to do in there, even if it can't be seen from a still photo. So, hopefully I will return to that idea by this weekend.



For now I have some day to day updates. First of all, Ryan and I just celebrated our 8 year anniversary. I remember when we had been married 3 years how long that sounded and good for us. However, now that we're 8 years in I feel like we are just barely starting our "journey." I love Ryan of course, what's not to love? But I genuinely LIKE him, and that's what makes our marriage great. I wouldn't change anything thus far in our life together and am so glad we've had so many ups, and I'm thankful for what we have learned from our downs.



Below, check out my awesome, beautiful, cape and the prettiest bouquet I've ever seen. That's all my wedding day had going, were those two things. It was a hideous time of year to get married. Oh, yeah, I will mention this now and then not again....our actual anniversary is in November, but it competes with the week of my birthday and Thanksgiving. So from now on we are celebrating our anniversary September 13th, that was the day we had our first kiss back in 1997, and we've been boyfriend/girlfriend ever since.























This picture below is to show just how long ago 8 years was. Look at Jessica!! That's Kennedy she is holding. Kylee, you look the same.

















Just kidding, Ky.


We have been LOVING the seasonal produce. Our favorite is tomatoes with fresh mozzarella cheese, but corn is what the girls love best.

















Lydia is a good little baby. Mischievous as all get out, but overall a very sweet little girl. Her signing has come to be very useful and minimizes the whining. Below she is singing "more." She can sign juice, treat, cheese, more, all done, wash hands, and sleep. She is talking earlier then Emma did so we didn't need to teach her many more signs than that. It is very helpful though that when she is whining I can ask her what she wants and she can either say it or sign it.



Emma started pre-school!! I was worried that when Ryan was between jobs she wouldn't be able to attend this year. However I have a sweet trade with her teacher that makes her tuition affordable so we don't have to pinch to let her attend.




Emma goes with one of her life long friends Lily. I know she's only 4, so a lifelong friend doesn't sound like much, but I think she will be one of two friends who Emma will actually stay friends with from birth to death....okay, maybe not death, but at least until marriage. Cause we all know how marriage makes or breaks your friendships. Anyway, Lily and Emma love school and Holly and I love sharing the car pool :)



This little guy, oh don't worry. He's just one of many that I kill each day. Honestly, truly, they haunt my dreams at night. EVERY night I dream about spiders. Ryan stuck his hand down this sprinkler valve, something he has done a dozen times. Well the other day when he did it we saw something move so he poked at it with a stick, sure enough, a black widow. I guess you could say I was glad he was okay, I mean I was, really. However, it would have been a little bit nice for me if he went to the ER so I could be justified in my fear and upset of the spider species.






I guess Emma grabbed my camera and went to town taking some photos. I got a kick out of seeing what she thought was interesting. This photo of Lydia is not something I do often, letting her sit on the counter, I was right there making cupcakes, but not sure where I was when she took this photo.
This pretty little photo Emma took of her doughnut, the photo captures nicely that yes, it is fly season. Nice. Luckily I threw it away, and that was without even knowing a fly had got it's fill too.



Another Emma photo. However, all the photos on this post were taken with my little hand held digital and the quality is junk. So I edited this to look extra funky, just to add some artistic style to this post.










I made Ryan peach cupcake for our anniversary and took them down to his work for him and his co-workers. They were a hit and it made his day. I also took them over to some of the neighbors who we adore. Nothing like peach cupcakes to win loyal friends.











My mom came out tonight and watched the girls so we could go out and celebrate our anniversary. We went to T-Roadhouse and then saw Night and Day which was cute. We didn't talk about the kids or money. It has hard, but can be done. We had a great, long over due date. I meant to have someone take our photo, but no dice. So at the end of the date Ryan just took it for us. Wow. Long update. Good for you if you're still reading this.













12 comments:

Valerie: said...

congrats on the un anniversary!! You need to STOP putting spider pictures on here...ahh I am guessing you did cause you started talking about it and i did not scroll down with my eyes open. HA That last post i accidentally saw a snake and then a big one but i shut my eyes fast and got out of the page. I HATE them as well. HATE!!! Do you live on a lot of meadowy land and thats why they are around so much. Bomb the house every month. That is what i do and it helps a bit. We have lots of house spiders here. UGG

Jamie Jo said...

Kylee does look the same, there is no sense in pretending she doesn't. Jessica...that was funny! She was so tiny!

That's fun to change your celebration date. I'm glad you've had a good 8 years and are so in love. I love you and Bundy and your little girls sooo much!

Lindsey said...

Thanks Jo. I love us too. Kylee doesn't look the same at all. She is way stunning now, beutiful! But back then, eh, she was alright. lol

Kylee said...

I'm still reading! I like long updates. Also, I really DO look the same... yesterday I helped with a YW activity in our ward and a boy from another ward came up to me and asked what grade I was in....... Great. So I guess I'm still only alright Linds? haha JK. Also, can you please stop posting pictures of spiders? I don't know how you stand to look at them, but I can't do it. It gives me the creeps!

Lee said...

funny comments, and great post! You are so entertaining! Yes, Ky has changed, a little- Jess- my gosh- she's a different person! It was fun reading about what's been happening

Annie said...

Great post! I need a peach cupcake. I can't believe I had the will power to pass on one of those. And I just noticed that you are growing your bangs out...of course you are:}

Jessica said...

Oh wow.. that picture of me, now that is cute. haha oh boy. Fun post lins. I love that you don't celebrate your anniversary on your actual anniversary day. And, ok that big of a spider would scare me pretty bad!

Kylee said...

Also, I've never had a peach cupcake....... will you make me one next time I'm in town? Pretty please?

tutus n bowties said...

I'm still laughing at how little Jess was at your wedding! I loved your cool winter wedding coat. Totally made getting married in the winter whimsical. Congrats on the anniversary!

Jord said...

Great update Lindsey! I love that you made up a new date for your anniversary, that Emma is in preschool, and the look of those cupcakes. Delicious!

Stacey said...

I like that picture of you two at the bottom. The wedding picture not bad either:> My fave is of the two of you in Liberty with the field in the background, I think you used as an engagemennt photo. 8years. Wow! I could demo those peach cupcakes for an enrichment in the summer. Need to have you show me how.

Anonymous said...

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions