Thursday, September 9, 2010

This post may not be appropriate for some viewers

Fear- noun; a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

I don't understand why most people dismiss my fear of spiders. First of all, what's with the 8 legs? Gross. Secondly, the fate of my well being is in the hands of something that doesn't even have hands!

Most girls are afraid of mice. Really? They're quite cute. Not that I want to let them roam my house, but mice are way way too scared of you to ever be a threat. They do make a mess of your storage room and can ruin your fabric goods by making nests in there, and they do carry disease, but they are not fatal.













Snakes, I get it. It's pretty disgusting that they don't have any legs and they just slither about, but they generally have ZERO interest in coming in your home, let alone hiding at the foot of your bed. Yes, some of them can be quite fatal, but they won't get you while you're sleeping.




















Now this little diddy below is worthy of fear. They hide in your shoes, your bed sheets, and your closet. They are silent, weightless, and very hard to spot until it's too late. For the last week I have woken up thrashing around after having a dream one was in my bed. Now not all spider bites are fatal, but they can cause some serious lasting damage.















Below is a photo of a brown recluse spider bite....HELLO!! Join me won't you? Develop a fear of spiders so we can put an end to their eight legged existence.





P.S. This man will have this open sore for the rest of his life. Brown recluse bites never heal. I'm not making this up, I saw it on Discovery Channel, so there!

7 comments:

Heather C Taylor said...

I should have listened to your warning...I think I'm going to be sick...

But I think all of the above are disgusting!

Paul and Staci said...

That is funny Linds!!

Jamie Jo said...

That is so sick! You remember how I got those spider bites back in '07 on the back of both calves while camping and had to go to the doctor because of infection? Ouch.

Jessica said...

That is pretty gross!! And, I still think you are funny. I don't like any of those things... at least most spiders are not that bad.. at least that I see. You still don't mind snakes even after our little adventure!? And it moving even without its head or rattle. Now that is gross!!

Annie said...

Ok. Fine. Sure. Whatever. But the odds are low, girlfriend, very low.

Kylee said...

I think I'm one of those people that this post is not appropriate for... I knew it was coming, but I couldn't even LOOK at that last picture. I had to cover it with my hand while I read the text, and even then, I was afraid it was going to bite me through the computer. I'm not kidding. And now I'm going to feel like there are spiders crawling all over me for the rest of the night. That's just from a stupid picture. There aren't even spiders in AZ (which I LOVE) but I'll still be a little paranoid all night. Yeah, I'm definitely on your side!

Lee said...

Holy freak! Why did I look at this post? I'm with Ky- I think that picture of the guys hand has done some permanemt damage to my mind. . . Why'd you do it Lins?