Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


This was the best day I've had all year! We all had such a fun day together and everyone was just in the best mood. Today I counted and recognized all my blessings and just how very much I love my family.
I also had fun trying something new with her hair. This was such an easy hair do and although it was perfect for the Holiday I am glad it is something I can do all year long.


Every day for the week building up to Valentine's Day I let Emma check the mail in her Valentine's post. It was something fun to look forward to every day. I filled it with a book, treats, magnets, stickers and then each Grandma had sent her something so their gifts took a turn in the post box as well.












I made us a pink Valentine's breakfast, and I think I loved the magic of it more than anyone. I used the pink bread I had for french toast and then made red buttermilk syrup and dyed the milk pink too. It was yummy, fattening, and festive!




Then we stopped by Lily's house to take her a little Valentine and some cupcakes.




Afterwards I took Emma to our favorite (and only) babysitters house. It's a family affair when Emma comes and we just adore this family. Chris served as our first counselor in our married's ward years ago and so I knew he would have raised awesome kids. This family takes Emma with them to run errands, to family dinners, and they even took er to Maddox with them last time they had her. Courtney is such a cute girl and we just love our arrangement with them.





Ryan and I went to Red Robin for lunch to have a day date, definitely our new genius tradition. then we stopped by the Layton mall to pick up a few things. The snow just kept dumping all day and it made the roads a bit hairy, but we stayed nice and safe. After we pick Emma up from Courtney's we all went to the dollar theater to see Bolt. I loved this movie, definitely recommend. I took this picture of Emma and I while Ryan was getting the best popcorn in town, made with real butter :) Then we came home and exchanged gifts and played Go Fish. This was just the best day and I'm so happy I have a little family to share it with.

8 comments:

Shannon Allen said...

I love that you did heart braids in Emma's hair! We did that every Valentine's day growing up and I totally forgot about it until I saw Emma's. You really just did an awesome job of doing so many fun and little creative things to make the day special! You are my inspiration! We can't wait for you guys come next week! Hooray!

Jamie Jo said...

Not all the pictures loaded, but I loved the ones that did. If Milly ever grows hair, you'll have to teach me that hair trick.

Lee said...

So cute! What a fun day for you guys. Emma's hair is da bomb.

Kylee said...

How fun linny!! Emma's hair looks like you had it professionally done. That's so good for you that she is good to let you do whatever to her hair! I love all your little traditions, especially the mail box for Emma.

jamieschip said...

You put all us 'normal' moms to shame! How cool! You will have to let me know how to do Emma's hair in a heart. That is so cool. How is the pregnancy going? Have any names picked out yet?

tutus n bowties said...

Question...what's the secert to the hair? I have been studying the pic and have come up with zip on how it was done. Very cute idea.I loved your pregnant pic with your cute boots and dress. I think the baby will like that one of you both!

Trace Skeen said...

How wonderful to see the traditions and special events to emphasize holidays that were begun by your mother to live on through you and your sisters. Emma is growing so fast...what a treat it will be to see her after two weeks abroad.

paco said...

HI...DUDE YOU REMEMBER ME....THIS IS EX ELDER JAVIER....YOUR SON IN THE MISION MEXICO*CHIHUAHUA...
PASSME YOUR NEW MAIL...MY MAIL IS javierchinabox@hotmail.com

YOU HAVE A GREAT...FAMILY FELICIDADES........