Tuesday, February 10, 2009

That's so typical- The Weekend





Nothing is typical about Fridays. Sometimes we go to the treehouse museum, and sometimes we run more errands. Today we took off to 24th street to take some pictures just for fun. I posted my favorite ones on my photo blog but these were a few that I still really liked.
After nap time we cruised up to Logan to spend the night with family up there. We joined the Jensens for dinner and games and then stayed up late with Kylee and Brody watching a movie on our clear play.

Saturday we spent the day with Kylee and Brody again. The boys watched another movie and Kylee and I went walking with my aunt Lee. It was sooo nice outside (40 degrees) and we really enjoyed getting some actual sunlight on our faces. We hung out there all day just playing games and visiting and it was a great break for the usually boring winter weekends.

Later that night we went to my Aunt Carol's house for games there with two of my sisters and their husbands. We played some serious cards and enjoyed the yummiest home made salsa and caramel popcorn. Ryan and I were the last ones to leave, as usual, and just really enjoyed our weekend with family.

Sunday we slept in and took our time getting ready for our 1:00 church. We sat on the second row which was a first for both of us to be so close to the front. Emma loves nursery and it's so nice to enjoy the church hours and not be stuck out in the hall.

After church we had dinner at 4:00 and then just lazed around the rest of the night. We played a little hide and seek but mostly just vegged on the couch.

Although this week wasn't interesting, it was very typical. I am so thankful to be a stay at home mom and to have such a supportive husband who is also my best friend. Our lives are very simple, but we couldn't be happier.

5 comments:

Valerie: said...

Emma still takes naps? You are lucky!! Sydney stopped shortly after she turned 2!!

Natalie said...

I love the "that's so typical" idea. Your little family is so cute. I was excited to hear that you are expecting.

Anyway, I know you love your clear play player and I was going to tell you that we have a clear play player that we are selling. We only watched one movie on it, and it wasn't for us, so if you know anybody interested, we'll give them a good price!

Kylee said...

I'm glad that coming to Logan and hanging out with us is a typical thing for you!... :) Thanks for the fun times!

Lee said...

That was so much fun. Saturday was one of my funnest lazy saturdays ever. It's so not typical for me to stay in sweats, not take a shower and get cleaned up and do a bunch of cleaning on projects on a Saturday- that's why I loved it so.

Tell Natalie was are interested in her clear play. I'll talk to Mike about it.

Jord said...

Can I say that I loved this weeks posts! What a great idea to share the normal things that you do everyday! Seriously, that is real life and I loved seeing how you spend your week. Ours is very similar as I am sure the life of anyone with little kids is. You are a great mom girl!