Thursday, February 5, 2009

That's so typical- Wednesday


Wednesdays I try to have us stay home so we don't go out and spend any money. Emma plays so good by herself and I try to take this day to do reading and flash cards and play time with her. When Ryan gets home from work I like to go to the 25th street Gold's and work out. I usually do morning workouts, but sometimes it's nice to go in the evening. We always end our night by putting Emma to bed and then watching an episode of Lost.

Today was different because I took my friend Staci to go see Sara's new house. The kids played in the unfinished basement while we visited. I also picked up a dozen rolls from Maddox since we were right there. I don't have anything in mind of them, but they're just so yummy I couldn't pass it up. Then for dinner we used the punch passes to Costa Vida that Ryan's family mailed us because they're Portland location closed. So that was a nice treat to be able to have take out for dinner, and have it be free :) We ended our night with a visit from our First Counselor. Ryan has been called to serve over the deacons and I am called as the ward activities chair. We're both pleased with our callings because they're not outside our comfort zone. It will be nice to be serving again.


7 comments:

Jennifer said...

These "typical" posts are fun! I love how you feel like being the ward activities chair "isn't outside of your comfort zone." I would freak out if I got that calling! You will be great!

Kylee said...

I also love these typical day posts of yours. I think these type of events will be the most interesting to read later on down the road because they are the things you don't remember as well. Your hair looks good too!

Annie said...

See, there are tons of things to do in Utah during winter! Glad you shared, it made my day.

Holls said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you're doing this! It actually is really fun to read. I thought mine would be so boring when I did it, but it really be nice to look at it later. Good luck on your new callings, I'm not at all suprised you're the activities chair.:)

Shannon Allen said...

Activities Chair is honestly the perfect calling for any Skeen! You are all so creative and fun. Your parents are taking mine on a night hike this weekend. I told my parents is it a good things they are friend with the Skeens so they hae some adventure in their lives! I love your cute belly and can't wait to see it in person!

Lee said...

will you be eating more than your daily quota of breads for the day??? I know that's your weakness, but who can pass up maddox rolls? I just spent a ridiculous amount of money on a blueberry/raspberry loaf of bread at Great Harvest, so I understand the bread weakness. . .

Jamie Jo said...

I love Sara's floor. My friend Dominee has that. I would do it in my kitchen and dining, but you can't have it upstairs. I'd love to do it in my family room, and maybe even parts or all of the basement.

Congrats on the callings. I would love Activities Committee.