Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Celebrations

It's so fun having a little kid around to help me celebrate one of my favorite Holidays. I don't know why but I just love Valentine's. I think it's all the pink and hearts and trinkets that just make these bland winter months not seem so boring to me. Obviously these pictures aren't in order but I just wanted to highlight two of our fun activities we had leading up to the big day :)
This year we tried to spread out some of the holiday cheer. One day we went over to Carrie's house to decorate Valentine's cookies and let the little girls play dress up. It was a perfect winter afternoon activity.

Making sugar cookies and overdosing on a sugar along the way.



Another day we had Carrie and Addi over for a pink lunch and then we decorated some fancy Valentine's to give to each of their dads. The girls play so well together and it's so fun to have them entertain each other while we can work on projects of our own.
These are the almost finished project. They are just missing their poems about their tiny hands.
My mom always made Holidays so special for us, and she and my dad were just the best at creating traditions. One of my favorite traditions from my youth is when my mom would order dyed bread from the bakery for certain Holidays. I ordered this bread from Lee's Marketplace and it cost me the same as any loaf of bread off the shelf.


Carrie and Addi make regular appearances on my blog. I don't think I have stopped to mention what a great role model and valued friend she is to me. I'm just so thankful for the situations in our lives that helped our paths to cross. We formed a quick friendship that I truly treasure.

These little girls found these books in the "Valentine's Post" and were quite excited about the sticker contents.

Painting her hand for the priceless touch to her dads card.


Smothering me with kisses. Emma has really turned into the most loving and affectionate little girl.
Showing her our finished product.

6 comments:

Annie said...

I wish I could have a cookie, some pink bread and a kiss from the little child!

Jamie Jo said...

Those pictures are great. You are very good at doing traditions and holidays up good for your little family.

Carrie said...

"That was the best day EVER!" I am so excited about the Valentines to give Jed. We loved every bit of the pink fun. I think our girls are pretty spoiled and so lucky to have such great friends! Us too. Thanks Linds!

Julie said...

Lindsey, I hope you are feeling well these days. I didn't realize you and Ash have the same due date. How fun! The site we used to make our blog books is www.blurb.com. A relative tried to make one a couple of months ago and told me they no longer lift your blog onto their site. She said she had to manually put everything back on but that it wasn't too bad as she could put on extra photos, etc. Good luck! Let me know if it works for you! I can only imagine how gorgeous your book will be with your phtotography talent as well as your fun experiences.

Lee said...

Looks like fun! You have made some sweet traditions. I'm sure Ryan LOVED the gift from Emma. Valentines day comes at a perfect time doesn't it? Right between Christmas and spring with no snow (hopefully) I love your curly hair, and Emma's too.

Jord said...

What a fun day! You are a great tradition starter yourself and a great mom to have around.