Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Part 1



















Well, part 1 of our Arizona trip is over since Ryan flew out today. Part 2 consists of a lot of shopping and seeing old friends. To start off our trip we drove through Vegas this time so we could stop and see Ryan's Grandma in St. George. Her darling husband has a very sweet old horse and Emma loved getting to ride on his back.


One night we went out to Chevy's for a very yummy dinner. Ryan's parents gave us a gift card for Christmas and we've been saving it for this trip. It hit the spot and we rolled ourselves out of there.




Emma is such a great hiker and keeps a good pace with us and really likes to explore outside. We went for a beautiful hike out by the Salt River and enjoyed how green the desert is this time of year.
Celebrating Emma's third birthday was another one of our favorite activities on this trip.
My mom took us to lunch at Jo's Farm Grill which is one of our favorite spots. This place was on Diners, Drive Inns, and Dives for anyone who watches that show on the Food Newtwork. They have amazing burgers and their atmosphere is just charming with outdoor seating on picnic tables.


















Last night we went to Tempe Market and enjoyed walking around and eating at CPK. I really think we would have more date nights if we actually had somewhere fun to go, like this place.











We took this picture just before taking Ryan to the airport to fly home. I really will miss him but I'm glad I still have another week and a half to enjoy this nice weather.

4 comments:

Lee said...

DARLING family picture! Loved the update on what you've been up to- although I've already heard about it. You definately can't beat the weather in AZ this time of year, and I'm so jealous that you're smelling the orange blossoms. That's my favorite scent of all time. And lilac bushes. . .

Jamie Jo said...

Cute pics, as always. I can't believe how big your Lydia bump is! It's so dang cute. I never was a cute pregnant woman. Enjoy your warm sunny days. The snow is back tonight.

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Looks like you guys are having fun I am jealous it is so nice and warm there!

Stacey said...

Yes I like that last picture. Tempe market has a cool atmoshpere....oh what I would give to be able to take my kids on a warm date night there right now!