Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Part Two (of a 3 part series)



















I consider the second part of our trip to be when Ryan left to go back to Utah, and my dad came back from his travels to join us for five days before heading out again. So these activities are from March 3rd to March 8th.
One day I met my childhood best friend, Emily Everton (Call), down at San Tan Mall to let our girls play and have a yummy lunch. I have not seen her in eleven years and we picked up right where we left off, I love that!

My parents took me on the best night hike out into the desert. It was about 35 minutes in and then they had a special place with wood tucked away where we had a great fire and they brought dinner for us to have a little cook out. Sorry, but I must say I have the best parents ever! How many people have parents that are so active and adventurous when they're 60?! Not many.
Another day Emma and I met up with another dear childhood friend of mine, Shannon Richter (Allen.) We took our kids to the park and then stopped and got my favorite sub at Ned's Krazy sub. Then we went back to her house and visited. Sadly, at the park I never even got a picture of Crew or Shannon, just of Emma. Nice friend I am.
I've had so much fun taking pictures of Emma with some great sunny days and a fresh background.
During this part of the trip I also saw my friend Emily McPhie who I just loved catching up with. We celebrated my dad's 61st birthday and I also had a chance to go to our old home ward which I love to do. This trip is doing so much for me and I hope I can carry this sunshine attitude home with me when I have to return and face the cold and snow.

7 comments:

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

You always take the cutest pictures of emma and her hair is always so stinking cute!

Lee said...

You are living the life! I love that you're having so much fun there. Seriously- soak up the sunshine and warmth, cause its everything but that here.

Annie said...

My favorite part of 'wintering' here is visits from my girls. And when they bring their girls....icing on the cake!

Kylee said...

Wow, I can't believe you haven't seen that one friend for 11 years and you're still friends! That's pretty good. I'm glad you are having so much fun!!

Vonnie said...

It looks like your "get away" was just that! I restful adventure. Trace and Ann surely do know how to show people a good time. Glad to know you enjoyed yourself!

Cami said...

It looks like you are having so much fun with your folks! I want to come play too!

The Morgans said...

So I have posted my pictures I am glad my friend came because my Camara broke!! RRR... Aren't girls fun