Saturday, March 14, 2009

Part Three- Wrapping it up

We have just had soooo much fun on this trip. I am not ready to leave but I am ready to come home, if that makes sense. It will be two and a half weeks that we've been gone. We've enjoyed the 7o's and 80's every day and it's time we return home to our real life. I can't thank my parents enough for the great time they've shown me and for the loving friendship that I have with them.



One day my cousin Jordan came out with her two darling girls. I loved taking their pictures and was so glad that she asked. We went to the park and then stopped by to visit our Grandma and her sweet husband David.







My mom and I went to the mall and had our eyebrows "threaded." It was the best thing I've ever done for my face. By using two pieces of string my eye brows were plucked, thinned, and shaped. Now I just need to find a place in Utah that does it as well.
Our favorite thing to do is eat out on the back patio. One night my mom brought out all of her candles and lit them around the patio and we had an enchanted dinner. Words can not describe how nice the weather has been.

My friend Emily Everton (Call) had us over for the most beautiful lunch. Emma and her little girl Hannah got to play and Emily and I caught up some more. I wanted to have a photo of us and taking one in the mirror is the best we could come up with. She is 8 months pregnant but you wouldn't even know it!

It's a little bitter sweet seeing Emily again, because now I know what I'm missing out on. She went all out on lunch and made such a beautiful spread, effort like that goes a long way with me. She is just so fabulous and I love that in a friend.




My aunt DeNae brought over her niece Megan one day to play with Emma. I've never seen or really believed in kindred spirits, but Emma just adored Megan and still talks about her. I hope she is a little friend that Emma can keep in touch with over the years.

My friend Desi Ferrin flew out on our last day here to spend a day with me and then help me drive home. I'm so thankful to have help with Emma and I love her company. This isn't a great picture, but I thought it needed to be added.












Emma spent her last day with Paul and DeNae. They watched her while Desi and I had lunch and went shopping on Main street. I know she will miss them and it just means so much to me to have them involved in her life.











So our trip is over. It's been just what the Doctor ordered. I doubt I will ever have time like this again, and I'm so glad I took the opportunity to come down.

9 comments:

Kylee said...

I'm glad you've had so much fun and got to see all those old friends!! But I'm also glad you are coming home to light up our weekends! (I promise we'll take a turn coming down there :) Drive safe!

Paul and Staci said...

Linds...It looks like you had the best time!! I was so glad that you blogged so I could keep up with your WARM fun!! Welcome back!! Luv, Staci

Jamie Jo said...

Rub it in, Lin, rub it in. Just kidding. Well, not really, but I have to say that so I don't look like a jerk.

Lee said...

Fun times. I'm glad it was so magical. I'm sure Annie will be quite lonely now. I hope the reality of your "real life" isn't too hard of an adjustment.

Holls said...

It sounds like you had an awesome trip! And just in time for the good weather here to come back to. Lucky you!

The Call Family said...

Oh Lins! what a fabulous time Hannah and I had with you and Emma! You can take that picture of me off now!:) no really it was a fun week I'm glad you made it down!! until next time!:)

Jord said...

Thanks again for the pictures Lindsey! They are AMAZING and I'm so grateful to you for taking them. That will have to become a yearly tradition. :) I'm glad you had a fabulous and well deserved trip.

Stacey said...

I love the picture of P and D swinging Emma. That fits them just right. Warm times and lots of cute hair pictures :>

Annie said...

Come back. Come back!! Seriously...Trace and I had a joyful time with you and the little one. Looking forward to getting home:)