Monday, August 25, 2008

"Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches"


















Sunday we went out to St. Helens to visit Ryan's oldest brother Darren and his family. Lisa made the most yummiest halibut dinner and the best green beans that she picked from her garden. They have 5 boys who are all just so cute and are so loving. I am always so amazed at how willing Emma's cousins are to just entertain her and play with her.

















Darren and Lisa have the best property. It is private and filled with little gardens and trails to explore. It is the perfect place to raise a family. It was raining while we were there and I just loved it! It reminded me so much of the Twilight series, and Twilight was actually filmed in the small town of St. Helens. So text year after the movie comes out I hope to take some pictures at some famous movie sights.


















This is Emma with Bailey and Payton, she's just one of the boys.



Today we went out to North Plains to pick our very own special peaches. Nobody bottles peaches like Margo does, and I learned that the Veteran peach has a lot to do with her yummy product.


Peaches anyone?



This is us just ooooing and awwwing over how yummy the peaches are.







So in the end we spent between the four of us $120 on peaches. They were .80 cents a pound. I think people used to bottle their produce to save money and preserve their own crop. It is definitely not cheaper now but sooo worth it!

5 comments:

Lee said...

Yummy! so is Margo gonna teach you how to bottle the best peaches on the planet? I know- you shared a bottle with me (woops- I wasn't supposed to tell was I?) The peaches in BC are 99 cents a pound, so it's a bargin even though you had to pick them yourself! It's weird to see you in a long sleeve shirt, and the white hat is darling on you.

Marissa and Blaine said...

Why hello there! It's so good to hear from you! Emma is absolutely adorable! I love her brown sweat suit in this post. We almost had an Emma, but changed her name to Mylee at the last minute! I hope all is well!

Lindsey said...

Lee you're funny. Picking the peaches was my favorite part, it totally added to the experience.

Kylee said...

Oh yummy, those peaches look so good! Yeah it's so pretty there. You are making me really jealous and sad that it didn't work out for us to come with you....

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

I want some of THOSE peaches.. they look so YUMMY... I just ordered a box from Utah, but I bet they arent as good. and My Kids would have LOVED to pick them. Maybe I will have to take them to do the corn picking we have here.