Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sun-E dayyyys (sesame street tune)

This has been our third year in a row to go and spend the night at Cannon Beach at the Blue Gull Inn. Starting in January, after the Holidays settle down, I just look forward to this so much. This yea definitely did no disappoint. Emma was big enough to understand everything and very independent, more so then I would want her to be. Canon Beach to me is what Lake Powell and Bear Lake are to my friends, except I only get to come once a year, so it makes it that much more special.












Ryan and Emma and I took off for the beach a little bit before everyone else. We got our favorite pizza in the whole widest world at Pizza A'Fetta and it was worth every calorie filled bite. Then we went to my favorite candy store, Bruce's Candy Kitchen, it reminds me of something that would be on Hogsmeade from Harry Potter.













We went and checked in at our hotel and then went down to spend the day on the beach. The water actually seemed warm, for Oregon that is. We had so much fun as a family playing in the ocean and we jut love how fearless Emma is. The day couldn't have been more beautiful.


























We met up with Ryan's parents and Julie for dinner at Mo's. We got the Northwest's best clam chowder and grilled cheese sandwich. After thoroughly enjoying our dinner we went back to the hotel and met Greg and Becky and their six kids and we all went down o the beach for a fire and s'mores. The stars were just unbelievable and the weather was sooo perfect. I played in the water's edge with the kids by starlight and we played some really fun games trying not to get too wet. This definitely chalks up with one of the best days of my life.



2 comments:

Claire said...

That picture of you and Emma by Haystack Rock (right, that's what it's called?) is awesome. Looks like you had a fab trip!

Jackie Greenwood said...

Hip Hip Horay!! AAWWW seeing those pictures makes me feel as if I were there!